Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jan 17, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #3,857 of 6,675
Maybe I'm not understanding your issue, but why not just select "auto power off when charger connected"? If you need to run it when connected, change it back.
Click on the battery percentage on the main screen (the bar right at the top).

Cool, thanks! That was hidden!

Jan 17, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #3,858 of 6,675
Hi,

When my ES100 is connected to my PC (in USB DAC mode), I hear an annoying clicking / tapping sound in the background... I only hear this sound when the music plays (not between tracks).
Someone encountered that same problem?

Jan 17, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #3,859 of 6,675
Hi,

When my ES100 is connected to my PC (in USB DAC mode), I hear an annoying clicking / tapping sound in the background... I only hear this sound when the music plays (not between tracks).
Someone encountered that same problem?

try the HD Jitter something option in the ES app, select on the source icon, left of the battery indicator

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #3,860 of 6,675
try the HD Jitter something option in the ES app, select on the source icon, left of the battery indicator

It's already clicked on...
This annoying sound stops after 5-10 minutes plugged into the USB port. Maybe it's related to the BT pairing process? Is there a way to block the BT pairing mode when plugged in USB?

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #3,861 of 6,675
It's already clicked on...
This annoying sound stops after 5-10 minutes plugged into the USB port. Maybe it's related to the BT pairing process? Is there a way to block the BT pairing mode when plugged in USB?

You can simply turn off Bluetooth on the phone. ES100 USB audio will still work, although you won't have control of options available via the app.

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #3,862 of 6,675
You can simply turn off Bluetooth on the phone. ES100 USB audio will still work, although you won't have control of options available via the app.

That's exactly what I do, but when plugging it into a USB port, it power on, then search for a BT connection for few minutes.
It's that specific operation that I want to block...
Is ther any way to do this?

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #3,863 of 6,675
That's exactly what I do, but when plugging it into a USB port, it power on, then search for a BT connection for few minutes.
It's that specific operation that I want to block...
Is ther any way to do this?
Ah, I understand. No, I don't know of a way to do that, if anyone else does maybe they can comment. I'd like to know too because I also have a problem with audio glitches on USB (random, so not exactly the same symptom as yours) and I've tried everything I can think of to cure it. I haven't tried waiting several minutes to see if they go away though, I'll give that a try.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #3,865 of 6,675
How is it that we are all raving about the sound quality when this weighs less than a box of matches!? From a purely component point of view can it have enough quality electronics inside to produce good sound?

I love it! and I am a 30 year career audio engineer professional.

Blows my mind. What's the secret? It's not hype. It does sound great. Perhaps its the great eq?

Have owners here done shoot outs with their other more expensive gear?

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #3,866 of 6,675
How is it that we are all raving about the sound quality when this weighs less than a box of matches!? From a purely component point of view can it have enough quality electronics inside to produce good sound?

Blows my mind. What's the secret? It's not hype. It does sound great. Perhaps its the great eq?

That has been my findings for my home sound system. I have not done any A/B comparisons to other source components as I no longer own them but from what I remember there is a night and day difference primarily because of the very low output impedance and EQ that is mostly non destructive. I also think these newer DACs with its amp can generate enough clean output voltage without the extra circuitry or any grounding issues found it other dedicated source components.
The EQ gives me the ability using a flat mic for room correction to take out the peaks but its more than that as my NAD amp by design bumps up the mid bass which I never liked, now I can tame it to my advantage and once done its like having a new amp that sound several times more expensive.
I have now disconnected the NAD preamp from the circuit and added a Marantz 7 clone tube preamp which is one of the good ones and after tube rolling to some vintage Telefunkten Im in disbelief.
Radsone should make a dedicated source component based on the features of the ES100 with a parametric EQ. I have tried the Mini DSP hd and the Dayton DSP and it wasn't even a contest that you would have to A/B and listen closely it was quit obvious.

Jan 18, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #3,867 of 6,675

I have A&K Jr. and Onkyo DP-X1A....TBH, I don't even hear much difference compare to ES100. Maybe I'm not at that level yet...

Question: I see you have the Sony MUC-M2BT1, care to compare it with ES100?
I was going to buy that but found ES100 so just stopped looking

Jan 18, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #3,868 of 6,675
Early days for me and the Sony unit. I don't have iems that fit my ears yet.

Will report back for sure.

Its pissing me off that it won't multi device pair at the moment. Haven't figured that out.

Jan 18, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #3,869 of 6,675
I don't even hear much difference compare to ES100. Maybe I'm not at that level yet...
Some of us can remember the heydey of 'HiFi' in the 60s and 70s and unlike that time where analog equipment struggled to achieve a flat response, low distortion, good s/n figure, etc. and differences between grades of equipment were readily apparent, the equipment of today is so good that we are reduced to straining to hear some difference between one DAC flat to 0.25 dB with a 100 sB SNR and another. It's great to have that problem but it leads to a lot of silliness, even down to people claiming audible superiority of a cable. Most of what people hear (I mean really hear, not imagine) probably has mostly to do with subtle frequency response changes as a result of matching of the final amp and transducer system. Once you get to even the ES100's level you're way past most types of audible transparency and spending $1,000 vs $100 (as long as it's the right $100) on a DAC won't really make any difference. That won't stop anyone from selling (or buying) 'audio grade' USB cables :) but the point is... don't worry if you haven't achieved some magical 'level', it doesn't cost anything to imagine :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #3,870 of 6,675
Early days for me and the Sony unit. I don't have iems that fit my ears yet.

Will report back for sure.

Its pissing me off that it won't multi device pair at the moment. Haven't figured that out.

Weird...it works wonder for me. Effortlessly switching without having to touch any button. I remember there 2 ways you can do it (someone correct me if im wrong: 1 = disconnect from original source and connect on the 2nd one then restart or 2 = press long press "previous track" to enter pairing mode. Idk if this will help you.

Some of us can remember the heydey of 'HiFi' in the 60s and 70s and unlike that time where analog equipment struggled to achieve a flat response, low distortion, good s/n figure, etc. and differences between grades of equipment were readily apparent, the equipment of today is so good that we are reduced to straining to hear some difference between one DAC flat to 0.25 dB with a 100 sB SNR and another. It's great to have that problem but it leads to a lot of silliness, even down to people claiming audible superiority of a cable. Most of what people hear (I mean really hear, not imagine) probably has mostly to do with subtle frequency response changes as a result of matching of the final amp and transducer system. Once you get to even the ES100's level you're way past most types of audible transparency and spending $1,000 vs $100 (as long as it's the right $100) on a DAC won't really make any difference. That won't stop anyone from selling (or buying) 'audio grade' USB cables :) but the point is... don't worry if you haven't achieved some magical 'level', it doesn't cost anything to imagine :wink:

I do agree that to me other expenses like $1k DAP or cable do not sound much different to my ears. I still have to refrain myself from making absolute statement because others might be able to hear the difference and this being the internet....people get offended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back