Radsone EarStudio ES100
Jan 9, 2019 at 2:40 AM Post #3,766 of 6,675
So I got this and am happy with it so far with my Iphone.
Meanwhile I can not connect it to my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
The app keeps on searching and is not able to find the es100.
Anybody having this problem, and if so knows the workaround? No issues with iphone, only Samsung Note 8
Will only connect to app on one device. If you want to use on app on different device, you must removefrom app on initial device

Jan 9, 2019 at 2:41 AM Post #3,767 of 6,675
Good day guys! Theres a small plastic bit that started falling out in this part. What remedy did you do for that?
Push it in, then add some super glue to the outside to keep the pin from falling out

Jan 9, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #3,769 of 6,675
I lost the other side already. Is it okay to put super glue there as well?
Both sides of mine fell out, so no worries. I used SG on both sides and now the clip is secure

Jan 9, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #3,770 of 6,675
Will only connect to app on one device. If you want to use on app on different device, you must removefrom app on initial device

Thanks!
This was the issue.

So for those who use this awesome gadget :) what is your recommendation? Use it with Android phone and app or iPhone with the app? I am not sure what codecs are best and which one supports the best sound. Ios or Android? Headphones I am using are Sennheiser ie800

Jan 9, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #3,771 of 6,675
Thanks!
This was the issue.

So for those who use this awesome gadget :) what is your recommendation? Use it with Android phone and app or iPhone with the app? I am not sure what codecs are best and which one supports the best sound. Ios or Android? Headphones I am using are Sennheiser ie800

Do you carry both phones on a routine basis? The Samsung will likely support a wider variety of codecs but you might also be perfectly content with AAC on the iPhone...

You can actually pair it with either at any time as needed, for audio. It's the app functionality that's set to one device and requires re-config, but all of the app's settings are saved on the device so you can set it and forget it unless you like wanna change EQ often or prefer using the app for volume control over the buttons.

Point is the connection for the app interactions is one thing, and the audio connection is another. You can even have it connected to one device for audio and another for control via app IIRC.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #3,772 of 6,675
No worries, I've answered my own question :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #3,774 of 6,675
I seem to be getting very short (maybe 10 ms) audio dropouts very randomly when using the ES100 as a USB DAC. I might hear several glitches in a row then nothing for 30 seconds, etc. Very random. Phone is a Motorola Moto X Pure running Android 7, app is Poweramp v3 but the problem occurs using any audio player app. I've tried all the settings I can think of using the ES100 app (turned jitter control on and off, tried 44.1 and 48 khz bitrate settings, etc.) as well as everything in Poweramp (and v3 has a lot of versatility in audio settuings) but nothing seems to have any effect on the problem. I've even tried using multiple USB cables. Performance on Bluetooth is flawless. Any ideas?

TIA

Jan 11, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #3,775 of 6,675
I seem to be getting very short (maybe 10 ms) audio dropouts very randomly when using the ES100 as a USB DAC. I might hear several glitches in a row then nothing for 30 seconds, etc. Very random. Phone is a Motorola Moto X Pure running Android 7, app is Poweramp v3 but the problem occurs using any audio player app. I've tried all the settings I can think of using the ES100 app (turned jitter control on and off, tried 44.1 and 48 khz bitrate settings, etc.) as well as everything in Poweramp (and v3 has a lot of versatility in audio settuings) but nothing seems to have any effect on the problem. I've even tried using multiple USB cables. Performance on Bluetooth is flawless. Any ideas?

TIA

Not sure but is it possible not enough horsepower? The Moto X pure used the 808 SOC because the 810 were hot pieces of crap.

Jan 11, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #3,776 of 6,675

TIA
Is there anything else connected to the es100 wirelessly in the same time?

Jan 11, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #3,777 of 6,675
Is there anything else connected to the es100 wirelessly in the same time?
No, I have Bluetooth turned off on the phone and there are no other devices connected.

The problem does seem to be related to the Moto X since my wife's old S5 works OK, and I don't think it is a processor horsepower issue because the Moto X is considerably faster than the S5, plus increasing the buffer size in Poweramp also makes no difference so it doesn't seem to be that the device can't keep up, rather some problem in USB transmission itself. There were some USB settings under Android Developer Options that seemed to hold promise but had no effect. I also tried setting the ES100 to not attempt to charge via the USB port thinking that may be part of the problem, but again no change. I'm basically out of options I guess.

It's not really a big deal I suppose since to me AptX on the ES100 is pretty much transparent and I doubt I could resolve any significant difference vs. a direct USB connection, but I would like to figure it out though. Thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2019 at 7:05 AM Post #3,779 of 6,675

TIA

Do these audio dropouts happen with the same cable, same phone, but different USB DAC?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back