Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A
Jun 6, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #2,266 of 7,890
Thomas just curious, if you are using the freya in front of the cronus or jot R, where do you do volume control? Do you set freya to full and then control it from cronus or jot R or the other way round?

Jun 6, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #2,267 of 7,890
Thomas just curious, if you are using the freya in front of the cronus or jot R, where do you do volume control? Do you set freya to full and then control it from cronus or jot R or the other way round?

Jotunheim R on full. Freya on variable

Jun 10, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #2,269 of 7,890
I have just received today my SR1-a and HSA amplifier. I have it all connected up but no sound. I cannot find a manual or setup guide for the HSA. If anyone has a HSA I would really appreciate some help. I am using XLR's and have the Headphone hooked up with the supplied cable.

There are 2 plastic bags with short banana plug in them. I have not installed these as it could result in a short. I am in Australia and its 3.00 pm here so I will have to wait a while before I can reach Danny from Raal Requisite.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Jun 10, 2020 at 1:36 AM Post #2,270 of 7,890
I have just received today my SR1-a and HSA amplifier. I have it all connected up but no sound. I cannot find a manual or setup guide for the HSA. If anyone has a HSA I would really appreciate some help. I am using XLR's and have the Headphone hooked up with the supplied cable.

There are 2 plastic bags with short banana plug in them. I have not installed these as it could result in a short. I am in Australia and its 3.00 pm here so I will have to wait a while before I can reach Danny from Raal Requisite.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Do you have the switch on the back set to headphones?

Jun 10, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #2,271 of 7,890
You should have the "Select Mains" set your local voltage (240V for Australia if I remember correctly). The headphones plugged into the LEFT hand socket on the front of the amplifier. The XLR/RCA switch on the front set to "XLR". The Phones/Speaker switch on the front set to "Phones". The switch on the back set to "Ribbon Earfield Monitors".

Jun 10, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #2,272 of 7,890
Okay all that is done and the amp has power - still no sound from the SR1's??

Jun 10, 2020 at 1:55 AM Post #2,273 of 7,890
There are two sets of banana plugs included do these need to be connected to the HSA?
IMG_0692.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0690.jpeg
    IMG_0690.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0691.jpeg
    IMG_0691.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Jun 10, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #2,275 of 7,890
Okay all that is done and the amp has power - still no sound from the SR1's??

Hard to say for sure, but I would guess that either there is something wrong with the HSA-1a or for some reason your source (DAC, I assume) isn't providing a signal. If it was the SR1a that was faulty, its unlikely both sides would be bad, and the same goes for the cable.

There are two sets of banana plugs included do these need to be connected to the HSA?

No, those are speakers cables. They look like the ones that usually come with the SR1a interface box (separate thing, not used/nor supplied with the HSA-1a) to connect it to a speaker amp. They were probably packed by mistake unless you also ordered the interface box. There should have been a short 4-pin XLR female-to-female cable in the box (not used for the SR1a, but are used in the left port to drive very power hungry headphones that the right port isn't sufficient for).

Jun 10, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #2,276 of 7,890
The switch is facing up as you said in your previous post. So to be clear Its up where it says Ribbon Earfield Monitors

Jun 10, 2020 at 2:04 AM Post #2,278 of 7,890
I have checked signal from DAC and done all the usual fault checking. The switch for voltage I made sure was on 240V

Jun 10, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #2,279 of 7,890
I have tried using another 4 pion cable for the right hand front socket for normal headphones. No sound there either. Must be an issue with the HSA

Jun 10, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #2,280 of 7,890
If the fuse was gone then the amp would not light up, can't think of anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back