RA-1 clone.. who can make me one, please
Dec 17, 2003 at 3:55 AM Post #47 of 116
Quote:

Originally posted by Sovkiller
Madisound ones is the exact same ones: 5.0uF 250volts

Must be new stock, when I last inquired, they only had the 400volts in stock. On their Solen PDF I still only see the 400VDC listed on the right hand side of the description and the dimensions listed correspond to the 400volt version.

Dec 17, 2003 at 4:11 AM Post #48 of 116
Quote:

Originally posted by GWN
Must be new stock, when I last inquired, they only had the 400volts in stock. On their Solen PDF I still only see the 400VDC listed on the right hand side of the description and the dimensions listed correspond to the 400volt version.

When I checked some time ago they don't even have the 5.0uF in stock neither, and it did not even shown as existent, so it must be new stock, that was why when Adam began to enquire I loked there because I belived that the cap was non existent, and was a custom ordered one by them....but not, look, from their page (I think the PDF is an old file, is the same I had from the past):

DISSIPATION FACTOR PERCENTAGE-DIELECTRIC ABSORPTION PERCENTAGE-STABILITY
Low dissipation factor
Low dielectric absorption factor
High insulation resistance
High frequency and temperature stability
Good self healing characteristics of polypropylene dialectic
High Current Capacity
Excellent Over voltage and Pulse handling capability
Low self inductance
Low equivalent series resistance
Excellent stability
Leads: Tinned pure copper multi-strand insulated sleeves.
Superior high frequency characteristics
High Ionization level
Dissipation factor @ 20o C: Less than .01 %.
Dielectric absorption factor at 20o C: Less than .01%.
Insulation resistance @ 20o C:More than 100 K megohms/mfd
Temperature range: -25o C to+85o C.
Dielectric: Polypropylene Film.
Working Voltage: 250 VDC or higher.

Dec 17, 2003 at 4:59 AM Post #49 of 116
Quote:

Well if is there, the value exists, just that we have to find out where.....
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Hola Sov. Vishay Dale makes those resistors, as well as a German company (the name escapes me now). You could ask Gariver for more info, he knows this stuff.

Dec 17, 2003 at 5:21 AM Post #50 of 116
When I checked some time ago they don't even have the 5.0uF in stock neither, and it did not even shown as existent, so it must be new stock, that was why when Adam began to enquire I loked there because I belived that the cap was non existent, and was a custom ordered one by them....but not, look, from their page (I think the PDF is an old file, is the same I had from the past):

Deleted rest of post

I see them now. I clicked on the PDF link vs the Chateauroux link. I stand corrected, they do list the 250v.

Dec 17, 2003 at 5:37 AM Post #51 of 116
Quote:

Originally posted by Onix
Hola Sov. Vishay Dale makes those resistors, as well as a German company (the name escapes me now). You could ask Gariver for more info, he knows this stuff.

Draloric?

Dec 17, 2003 at 8:10 AM Post #54 of 116
Quote:

Originally posted by was ist los?
Beyschlag Components? AKA BC Components?

Can't really tell. Anyway, I got an aproximate set of resistors from Mouser and Digikey. That's another alternative.

Dec 17, 2003 at 9:38 AM Post #56 of 116
thanks everyone!
too bad that i don't really understand what you guys are talking about.. i've decided to wait just a bit and to see how does the RS-1 fit the DI/O, Porta Corda and the PPA.

you may continue and discuss all of this cloning information
tongue.gif

Dec 17, 2003 at 2:46 PM Post #58 of 116
Quote:

Originally posted by GWN
Actually, all the parts except the Solen caps, Radio Scrap potentiometer and wood case are available from Mouser including the opamp, Mouser part number 513-NJM4556AD .

Sheesh, that op-amp (at 29 cents) is cheaper than the NE5532. It's almost like Grado searched for the cheapest op-amp on the market to put into the RA-1...
tongue.gif
(the specs on it look good for use with such a simple circuit + low impedance cans tho).

Dec 17, 2003 at 3:36 PM Post #59 of 116
Quote:

Sheesh, that op-amp (at 29 cents) is cheaper than the NE5532. It's almost like Grado searched for the cheapest op-amp on the market to put into the RA-1... (the specs on it look good for use with such a simple circuit + low impedance cans tho).

You would feel better if the opamp cost $20.00 per ?

Everytime someone checks the opamp price they flip out and think the amp is a rip off.

Did anyone consider how many opamps were tested prior to Grado Labs selecting the $0.29 part ?

maybe they should have just followed the crowd and dropped in the standard OPAXXX anfd had done with it so everyone could sleep well at night !

Simple,makes folks happy to spend long green ("well it must be a good choice.Everyone is using it")

Sloppy engineering.too damn lazy!

Not trying to dump on you personally fewtch but this ground has been covered extensively and it always goes something like "the opamp is sheap so grado is a ripoff .BTW can someone build me one ?"

The only rip off would be building the design of a legitimate product for profit . They do the work,select the parts,tweek the design,package it,then along comes some knucklehead and copies it for profit.

I have no problem with a DIYer copying or "cloning" ANY design out there,as long as it is for personal use and only that .

but there has been a heck of a lot of audio "engineers" popping up that can not even do a simple low pass filter equation making money on the backs of the work ofd others and that sits not too well with the rickmonster

Been away for a while but the rickster is back with a full tank of gas

Bet you guys missed me huh !
very_evil_smiley.gif

(NOT!)

Dec 17, 2003 at 3:40 PM Post #60 of 116
Quote:

Originally posted by fewtch
Sheesh, that op-amp (at 29 cents) is cheaper than the NE5532. It's almost like Grado searched for the cheapest op-amp on the market to put into the RA-1...
tongue.gif
(the specs on it look good for use with such a simple circuit + low impedance cans tho).

No kidding. But then again, I've seem many pieces of gear built with premium parts that looked good but sounded terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back