Questyle QP1
Feb 19, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #4,021 of 4,272
When the battery indicator for the QP1R reaches 100%, it doesn’t signify anything else to signify it’s fully charged like other DAPS do, either a green color or symbol that quits flashing.  Is there a virtue to letting the DAP continue to charge past the point 100% is displayed?

Feb 19, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #4,022 of 4,272
When the battery indicator for the QP1R reaches 100%, it doesn’t signify anything else to signify it’s fully charged like other DAPS do, either a green color or symbol that quits flashing.  Is there a virtue to letting the DAP continue to charge past the point 100% is displayed?

You could try to unplug once it is 100%, and as long it gives you 8.5-9 hrs playback nonstop (occasionally on off screen to check battery level), it is pretty accurate IMO. My collection mainly Flac and few DSD albums, not sure if that plays a part in battery drain.

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #4,023 of 4,272
Well, I own the player and I love it more than anything I've ever purchased in my life. It sounds like it was made specifically for my ears. it is hard to believe it sounds this great, especially since it isn't even burned in yet. I had the s AK240SS for a while and sent it back. It couldn't even hold a candle to the Questyle QP1R! The sound was so much thinner and less engaging.

Mar 2, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #4,024 of 4,272
Well, I own the player and I love it more than anything I've ever purchased in my life. It sounds like it was made specifically for my ears. it is hard to believe it sounds this great, especially since it isn't even burned in yet. I had the s AK240SS for a while and sent it back. It couldn't even hold a candle to the Questyle QP1R! The sound was so much thinner and less engaging.
 ​

That is so cool to hear.  Great to have it confirmed you don't have to spend A&K money for great SQ.  I don't see myself parting with it for years to come.

Mar 2, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #4,025 of 4,272
That is so cool to hear.  Great to have it confirmed you don't have to spend A&K money for great SQ.  I don't see myself parting with it for years to come.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I find it a struggle to remove my headphones.

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #4,026 of 4,272
Can't wait for reviews

Mar 3, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #4,027 of 4,272
So, I've managed to collect 6 flagship (or almost flagship) DAPs from well-known companies: Lotto Paw Gold, A&K320, OPUS#2, Questyle QP1R, iBasso DX200 and Fiio X7 and I've made a video with comparison. It's really subjective, and I have an accent, so I've warned you:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akzQr9d6O2E[/VIDEO]

I'm not sure, which topic I should put it, so, I've decided to put it to all related player's topics and hide video under spoiler to reduce annoyance

Mar 3, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #4,028 of 4,272
The Questyle QP1R USB 3 foot cord wasn't charging the player beyond 96%, but the shorter high-speed sync cord had it to 97% plus, no problem. Now 98% ...99%

Mar 4, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #4,029 of 4,272
I guess I am lucky, because my battery indicator is perfectly linear. I am on 32% right now.

Mar 4, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #4,030 of 4,272
I don't stream. If internet service goes out, you're screwed. I like owning my own files in lossless. I have two 3 TB drives and two 6 TB drives with all music and Graphic Audio audiobooks backed up and stored at separate locations. Graphic Audio is big with truckers; voice actors, digital sound effects, and cinematic music. It's a movie in your mind! Deathlands rocks, so does Smoke Jensen the Mountain Man. These books kick butt on the QP1R!

www.graphicaudio.net

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #4,031 of 4,272
I don't stream. If internet service goes out, you're screwed. I like owning my own files in lossless. I have two 3 TB drives and two 6 TB drives with all music and Graphic Audio audiobooks backed up and stored at separate locations. Graphic Audio is big with truckers; voice actors, digital sound effects, and cinematic music. It's a movie in your mind! Deathlands rocks, so does Smoke Jensen the Mountain Man. These books kick butt on the QP1R!

www.graphicaudio.net
A set of quads and also other kids and your a trucker you know you have a saint of a wife. Yes the QP1R rocks every thing.

Mar 4, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #4,032 of 4,272
Hi everyone.  I really would like to get a high end dap.  I know this is a bit off topic, but does Questyle have any plans to make a dap with a touchscreen?  I find buttons and scroll wheels just too difficult to use with my fairly large music library.  I do not have a QP1R just a curiosity.

Thank you

Riley

Mar 4, 2017 at 7:09 PM Post #4,033 of 4,272
Hi everyone.  I really would like to get a high end dap.  I know this is a bit off topic, but does Questyle have any plans to make a dap with a touchscreen?  I find buttons and scroll wheels just too difficult to use with my fairly large music library.  I do not have a QP1R just a curiosity.

Thank you

Riley
If you think they will go Android I doubt it. The buttons are touch and I hardly ever use the wheel myself.

Mar 4, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #4,034 of 4,272

Thank you

Riley

Questyle chose to put money into the audio components, rather than parts not contributing to audio quality. It has won several prestigious awards, so I really doubt they will move to an android-based or touchscreen version. If so, it would be very high-priced and would probably not sell quite as well as it does now. I split artists with the albums under those folders on the two individual mini SD cards, then you can just browse files and know what letters are on what card and it goes fast. If you scroll up that goes to the last letter artist on that mini SD card, if you scroll down it goes through the alphabet.

Mar 4, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #4,035 of 4,272
If you think they will go Android I doubt it. The buttons are touch and I hardly ever use the wheel myself.

Questyle chose to put money into the audio components, rather than parts not contributing to audio quality. It has won several prestigious awards, so I really doubt they will move to an android-based or touchscreen version. If so, it would be very high-priced and would probably not sell quite as well as it does now. I split artists with the albums under those folders on the two individual mini SD cards, then you can just browse files and know what letters are on what card and it goes fast. If you scroll up that goes to the last letter artist on that mini SD card, if you scroll down it goes through the alphabet.

Thank you.  I probably don't have the patience or high enough res music to fully enjoy a Questyle dap.  It looks like.  I have all various bit rates of mp3.  I also find scroll wheels to be slow and buttons are better, but not up to my requirements for me personally.  I would probably love the sound if I had better gear and music files.  I just cannot afford a lot of that stuff.  I have a Fiio X5 1st gen and find it really hard to navigate.  It is pretty unresponsive at times.  My money would probably be better spent on something not quite as high end with a touchscreen

Thanks everyone

Riley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back