Questyle QP1
May 4, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #4,096 of 4,272
Guys im just about to buy the QP1R and want your thoughts is it really that good as their are a lot of options re other daps currently available,

So my question for all the QP1R owners out there if you happen to lose your dap (hopefully not) would you buy another QP1R

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated

Cheers

Deano

May 4, 2017 at 2:02 AM Post #4,097 of 4,272
Guys im just about to buy the QP1R and want your thoughts is it really that good as their are a lot of options re other daps currently available,

So my question for all the QP1R owners out there if you happen to lose your dap (hopefully not) would you buy another QP1R

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated

Cheers

Deano
Definitely

May 4, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #4,098 of 4,272

The newest iteration fixed the clickwheel. So it's a yes from me.

May 4, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #4,099 of 4,272
Thanks for your opinion, i want to ask when did they fix the click wheel problem as I dont want to buy the version with the issue and i dont know how long the dealer has had the dap in stock for

Thanks

May 4, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #4,100 of 4,272
Thanks for your opinion, i want to ask when did they fix the click wheel problem as I dont want to buy the version with the issue and i dont know how long the dealer has had the dap in stock for
Early 2017. Got mine in February from Moon Audio, new click wheel, Moon Audio were very helpful in confirming that.

Regarding your original question. I came to the QP1R from an iBasso DX-90. There were several reasons, but a big one is that over the years I owned the DX-90, as I also listened to a lot more music on capable non-portable headphone systems, I started getting tired of the ESS Sabre treble "glare." The QP1R's sound is neutral without glare. It might feel a bit clinical to some, but that's how I like my sound in general. I've used my QP1R with IEMs, Etymotic ER4PT and now InEar ProPhile 8. Again, reference sound rather than more colored bass-heavy or "romantic" sound.

Two other things that sold me on the QP1R were the two microSD slots (I have lots of music) and its relatively small size. I don't particularly like the user interface, but it is not a deal breaker for me because I mostly listen to individual albums.

So, if I lost my QP1R :triportsad: I'd likely get another one, as nothing I've seen reviewed in the last year meets the trifecta: 1) neutral sound, 2) high capacity, 3) small size, regardless of price. For instance, the high-end Sony DAPs are either limited in capacity (128GB) or super big&heavy(&expensive).

Last edited:
May 4, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #4,101 of 4,272
Thats great im a pure class hifi guy, my main home system is Krell and ribbon speakers so i want the clean type of sound so now it seems the QP1R is exactly what I want, thank you for your honest views

Also a lot pf my music is DSD and HD tracks so capacity is a must

Sooo looks like im buying one today, whoo hoo

Cheers

Deano

May 5, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #4,103 of 4,272
Well paid the money and ETA is tuesday or wednesday, looking forward to hearing the music as it should sound

Thanks for your help gentlemen

Cheers
I hope you enjoy it :)

May 5, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #4,105 of 4,272
Early 2017. Got mine in February from Moon Audio, new click wheel, Moon Audio were very helpful in confirming that.

Regarding your original question. I came to the QP1R from an iBasso DX-90. There were several reasons, but a big one is that over the years I owned the DX-90, as I also listened to a lot more music on capable non-portable headphone systems, I started getting tired of the ESS Sabre treble "glare." The QP1R's sound is neutral without glare. It might feel a bit clinical to some, but that's how I like my sound in general. I've used my QP1R with IEMs, Etymotic ER4PT and now InEar ProPhile 8. Again, reference sound rather than more colored bass-heavy or "romantic" sound.

Two other things that sold me on the QP1R were the two microSD slots (I have lots of music) and its relatively small size. I don't particularly like the user interface, but it is not a deal breaker for me because I mostly listen to individual albums.

So, if I lost my QP1R :triportsad: I'd likely get another one, as nothing I've seen reviewed in the last year meets the trifecta: 1) neutral sound, 2) high capacity, 3) small size, regardless of price. For instance, the high-end Sony DAPs are either limited in capacity (128GB) or super big&heavy(&expensive).
A quick question the supplier has told me that my QP1R that i bought is version 2 is that the latest version that was released feb 2017

Thanks

May 5, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #4,106 of 4,272
A quick question the supplier has told me that my QP1R that i bought is version 2 is that the latest version that was released feb 2017

Thanks
Right, that's what I have. The scroll wheel takes a bit to get used to, but once you get it, it does not slip, unlike the old version.

May 11, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #4,109 of 4,272
Guys to save me searching through endless pages can someone please tell me what is the latest firmware upgrade number is also how to find the firmware download

Thanks

May 11, 2017 at 1:40 AM Post #4,110 of 4,272

Users who are viewing this thread

Back