Questions on recabling Denon AH-D1001s
Apr 12, 2011 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Bill Mac

New Head-Fier
I have lost the right channel of my AH-D1001s and took the ear cups apart but did not find any wires off or soldering broken. I tried to take apart the plug but I could not get it apart. I assumed the plug is threaded but I could not seem to get a good enough grip on it without damaging it. Is there a trick to get the plug apart without damaging it? Are there upgraded cables available with the 3.5mm plug already inplace with only soldering needed at the ear cups?

I was looking at a new pair of AH-D-2000s but thought recabling my AH-D1001s would be the more cost effective way to go. Will recabling and doing the mod on the ear cups bring the performance close to that of the AH-D2000s? Are there any sites that do the recabling and ear cup mods? I ask as I have no experience with soldering and would end up doing more harm than good. Thanks in advance for any thoughts and advice :).

Bill

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:16 AM Post #2 of 3
Well I have located what is causing the right channel to drop out. If I move the cable around going into the right ear cup the sound comes back. I can not figure out why this is unless there are two bare wires touching as the cable goes in to the ear cup. With the right ear cup apart I can not see any thing that might be causing this. Any thoughts?

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back