questions on amp/dac and dt880
Nov 5, 2013 at 2:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

gottahavtunz

New Head-Fier
Hi, just signed up yesterday after having perused this site for awhile. It's like peeking out through the keyhole and seeing a whole new world of personal audio.  There is so much info to digest at times it's a bit overwhelming.

I recently puchased a DT880 600ohm and using an JDS O2 amp and my E07k dac which sounds good.  I listen to flac, 320 mp3, a portable Cd player using LO.  I am wondering how much better SQ I might get by 1)upgrading to ODAC, and 2)upgrading my O2 to something else.  I have read several thumbs up for tube amps but would prefer to remain solid state. Was wondering about Burson HA160DS or Soloist SL or Schiit Asgard 2, would these improve SQ over what I currently have.

thanks in advance for your words of wisdom.

GHT

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 3
Wow you are asking for it :wink:

Depending on who you ask, you'll get an answer of "it will make no difference" , or "it will make a huge difference".

I am in the camp that thinks there is little to gain from increasingly pricy DACs. With the 600ohm 880, you might have something to gain with careful pairing of the amp...that being said I think people tend to like them with the O2.

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #3 of 3
Audio-GD NFB 15.32 DAC/Amp, USB/optical/coaxial inputs.
Dual WM8741 DAC chips, the E07K comes with just one WM8740.
Plenty of power to drive my 600-ohm Beyerdynamic headphones
$255 + shipping + paypal fee, I paid $298 (shipped)
http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.32EN.htm

Sell off your O2 and E07K.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back