questions for sony sonicstage users
Jan 24, 2008 at 6:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

panda

1000+ Head-Fier
i recently purchased a uk version of nw-a1200 and this thing sounds really good. however i have a few issues with it.
using latest sonic stage 4.3 firmware is 3.00

i'm using lame v0 files at the moment (prefer nero aac but sonicstage doesn't read id3v2 tags for some reason?) and i'd like to switch to atrac 256 for longer battery life. but when ever i try to specify atrac and bit rate, i get an error saying 'transfers are not allowed'.

since i'm going to be using all singles not albums, how do i get all the files to be at the same volume? do i just apply track replaygain during conversion from flac through foobar? i don't do replaygain scan btw... do i have to scan the files?

i notice that when there isn't any activity on the player, it quickly powers off. is there anyway to lengthen that auto shut off?

lastly, not really a big issue but when using ety er-4s the volume is kinda low. i tried the volume hack from anythingbutipod.com but i didn't see the 'OPTION' setting on the screen, just some jibberish like V CHK among two other settings... any help would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back