Questions about putting FLAC files on my new Fuze
Dec 11, 2008 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

JohnnyLightOn

100+ Head-Fier
Just got my Fuze today! I want to load it up with only FLAC files. I assume I can just drag-and-drop them into the player in Windows Explorer.

Even though every file is properly tagged, I'd like to put them into folders for my own convenience. This way I can easily take albums on and off the player. Can I do this just by making my own folder structure?

What about album art then? Is there any way to have the Fuze display the album art with FLAC files that are in different folders? If so, what is the procedure?

Thanks for any tips!
ksc75smile.gif

Dec 11, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #2 of 5
first, add a cover.jpg file is the folder before you sync, if that does'nt work then you have to use MediaMonkey or a simular program to link the cover.jpg to the Flac tags.

Dec 11, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #4 of 5
Yeah it's all drag and drop. Personally I prefer MSC mode vs MTP. Do keep in mind that files you add in either mode will not show up in the other mode (ie if you drag-n-drop some files in MTP mode they will not show up if you switch to MSC mode and vice versa). The songs are still there though even if you can't see them and just requires switching back. BTW what firmware version is installed on your Fuze? I think there have been sightings of a newer Fuze starting with a v2 instead of a v1.

Dec 11, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #5 of 5
I have chosen MSC mode as I am using mostly FLAC files and Windows Media Player doesn't support FLAC.

I have the v1 Fuze, silver 8GB purchased from BestBuy.com on 11/29 (and delivered very quickly--on 12/9!). I don't know what my firmware was when I got it, because it would not recognize my FLAC files and I had to update the firmware to the latest version. My current firmware is V01.01.15A. New firmware should be released in the next few days, but I might wait for reports on the Sansa Fuze forum about any issues before upgrading.

I don't care which Fuze model I have, v1 or v2, so long as I have the one that sounds better.
wink.gif

For some discussion about v1 vs. v2, here is a handy link. But there is nothing substantive revealed:
Sansa Fuze 01.01.15 Latest Firmware Download - Sansa Fuze - Welcome to SanDisk's Sansa Community

Users who are viewing this thread

Back