Questions about full sized sealed headphones for iPod for $70 or less
Dec 9, 2012 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

slefty

100+ Head-Fier
A friend is looking to get his son a set of headphones for his iPod. Wants a full sized sealed design (so no Grado SR60), and with a price around $60 (US). His son has hinted for a pair of Hesh2 or Skullcruishers from Skull CandySkullCandy, but all my kid's friends with those have had them fail. Otherwise I have no experience with them and do not know how they sound.

Was thinking of suggesting either Beyerdynamic DT 235 or Sennheiser HD 419. My son has Sennheiser HD201 for his iPod, and they certainly sound good enough, but don't look "cool enough" for this friend's kid! Durability counts for a lot here.

Anyone have any good suggestions?

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
A friend is looking to get his son a set of headphones for his iPod. Wants a full sized sealed design (so no Grado SR60), and with a price around $60 (US). His son has hinted for a pair of Hesh2 or Skullcruishers from Skull CandySkullCandy, but all my kid's friends with those have had them fail. Otherwise I have no experience with them and do not know how they sound.

Was thinking of suggesting either Beyerdynamic DT 235 or Sennheiser HD 419. My son has Sennheiser HD201 for his iPod, and they certainly sound good enough, but don't look "cool enough" for this friend's kid! Durability counts for a lot here.

Anyone have any good suggestions?

JVC HA-S500-Z (Gun metal Gray), ships in a week from japan, $77.

Or just get the JVC HA-S400, $28-$45.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back