Questions about Computer as source and headphone amp
Nov 30, 2005 at 6:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

zolaism

New Head-Fier

Hi guys,
Im a newbie, dont know anythink about audio gear....
I listen to music from my laptop, and just bought and headphone amp(AT-HA20) recently.
Im thinkin to get a Creative Sound Blaster MP3 + , wondering is it gonna Improve the Quality of the source?

Headphones-->Amp--RCA Cable-->Creative sound blaster MP3+ --USB--> Laptop

OR

Headphones --> AMP -- mini-RCA cable -->Laptop

http://www.creative.com/products/pro...duct=154&nav=1

thank you.

Nov 30, 2005 at 1:24 PM Post #2 of 3
I haven't heard the MP3+, but it's likely it would improve your laptops sound as most onboard audio isn't terribly great. Question is though does the MP3+ improve it enough to warrant its price and are there better options? Do you have a price range you're trying to stay under? There are a lot of options (see here for a few). You may want to do a search for options. Do you plan on using USB or a PCMCIA card on your laptop?

Dec 1, 2005 at 8:16 AM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by blessingx
I haven't heard the MP3+, but it's likely it would improve your laptops sound as most onboard audio isn't terribly great. Question is though does the MP3+ improve it enough to warrant its price and are there better options? Do you have a price range you're trying to stay under? There are a lot of options (see here for a few). You may want to do a search for options. Do you plan on using USB or a PCMCIA card on your laptop?

Thank you so much man!!
k1000smile.gif
I didnt know there r so many options,
Thank you again!
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back