Question Regarding FiiO E6 Portable Headphone Amplifier & Sony XBA H1 earphone
Dec 10, 2013 at 7:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ShyamS

Head-Fier
Hi there!

I'm new to the whole audio systems. I am just learning the facts and the values etc. But I enjoy music very much and always like to listen best quality as possible that I can afford. I used to have Klipsch S4a and used it with my Android device (LG G2). Now I decided to upgrade my earphone and decided to go with Sony XBA H1. I ordered it online yesterday.

I noticed FiiO E6 and people seems to have a good impression about it. If it improves to the quality of the music why not. But I'm not sure if it will work with my LG G2 - Sony XBA H1. Even if it works does it makes any difference? I also have Sony NWZ-B173F​ which I use as well 

I listen to most genres like POP, Rock, hip-hop, Easy Listens, Country and so on. I'm not a hard core base head but I enjoy them. I used to listen to Metallica, Linkin Park, Sting, Ramstein, Enya, The Script some of the Top 40's mostly in FLAC format sometime in mp3 320kbps.

I hope someone can help his newbie out. 

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #3 of 10
Get the C&C BH2 mate, much better. :)

How do your H1 sound btw?

Dec 20, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #4 of 10
Thanks for the recommendation but it's a but my budget doesn't allow to get that one. Well H1 i'm getting mixed feedback.

Some songs it sounds much better some it doesn't. It has a beautiful bass reproduction, but high range (I think that's why we call for the treble) is OK not great it could have been better. Since I didn't get much response I ordered E6 I hope it improves the highs (treble) 

But better than S4a & Image One. Very mature sounding i guess. By some reason it depends on each song. Some are good on my phone not the MP3 player and some the other way around. I don't know much audiophile terms. Lol

Dec 20, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #5 of 10
  Thanks for the recommendation but it's a but my budget doesn't allow to get that one. Well H1 i'm getting mixed feedback.

Some songs it sounds much better some it doesn't. It has a beautiful bass reproduction, but high range (I think that's why we call for the treble) is OK not great it could have been better. Since I didn't get much response I ordered E6 I hope it improves the highs (treble) 

But better than S4a & Image One. Very mature sounding i guess. By some reason it depends on each song. Some are good on my phone not the MP3 player and some the other way around. I don't know much audiophile terms. Lol

Aha I see, thansk for that mate.

I actually decided to get the slightly more expensive DUNU DN-1000 and try out the new hybrid monster. :)

Dec 21, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #6 of 10
Finally got FiiO E6. It works fine. But I don't notice any difference when I connect to Sony NWZ-B173F​ . With my LG G2 it does make a different. 

Dec 21, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #7 of 10
  Finally got FiiO E6. It works fine. But I don't notice any difference when I connect to Sony NWZ-B173F​ . With my LG G2 it does make a different. 

You should be hearing anything different with the E6, unless you have the bass boost on. It is a neutral amp. All it is supposed to do is let you play headphones louder. It shouldn't make much of a difference if at all with the H1's.

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #8 of 10

I just like to add as well that the Sony player you have already outputs pretty decent quality so it's unlikely you will notice any major difference at all.

All that will change is that you will have the ability to go to higher volumes.

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #9 of 10
OK. That makes sense. Thank you. 

Congrats on your new DUNU DN-1000 :)

Dec 21, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #10 of 10
  OK. That makes sense. Thank you. 

Congrats on your new DUNU DN-1000 :)

Thanks mate.

Hopefully will get them next week at some point. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back