Question for someone who has ordered and received LCD-2
Mar 24, 2011 at 9:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

shipsupt

Headphoneus Supremus
For those that have ordered and received...

I sent in my order request some time ago. Today I received the mail quoted below. Is this all you received when you ordered yours? Pretty cryptic... And the page it linked me to didn't make it much clearer.

I made the payment, now I am wondering if they will ship soon or if there is still a long wait after this step? The web site said they don't bill until they are ready to fill orders, so I am assuming that I just bought them and I should see them soon.

Thanks...

Hello,

We would like to thank you for your interest in the LCD-2.
Below you will find a link to our order sheet.

http://www.audeze.com

Once payment is confirmed shipment will be initiated within 72 hours.

Thank you very much for your support and patience.
We hope you enjoy your LCD-2.

Thank you,

Alex Rosson

Audez'e Inc.
www.audeze.com

This e-mail is the property of Audez’e Inc. It is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. Distribution or copying of this e-mail, or the information contained herein, to anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.

Mar 25, 2011 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 6
I don't understand which part of the email you don't understand. Seems pretty explanatory to me?????

PS: you obviously didn't understand the last few lines....:rolleyes:

Mar 25, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #3 of 6
Fair enough, my message was not very clear and on the surface this message seems straight forward enough. 
But for those that have gone through the ordering process with Audeze they know is is not exactly traditional... You send in a message from the web site, you hear nothing, not even an automated response, for a month or more, and then apparently this (atuomated) message pops up which takes you to a pay page that looks very generic, like something anyone would be able to navigate to, not something specific to a pre-order.  There is a certain leap of faith to take when you send $1k via paypal in a situation like this, so having a few people here that have been through it to give you the "yeah, that's how it works, it'll be ok" can be reassuring. 

This is not a dig on Audeze, I would rather they focus on making good headphones then having a fancy web presence.

I was also curious about the timing from this part of the process to actual shipment as I tend to get excited when new gear is apparently close to arriving at my door step.  Surely I'm not the only one?

Since answers are getting tougher to come by on Head-Fi I'm just going to wait it out and let the question answer itself.  Many times quick questions like this seem to be a burden for members, especially if not posted in one of the many relavent existiting threads.  Of course, which of the 25 LCD-2 threads would this be most appropriate in?  I don't know, so I made a new thread... obvisouly the wrong choice.  I'm learning, just slow I guess.

As for not reading the second part of the message, I could make the same crack as seems you did not read the title or the first sentence of this thread as it appears that you have not ordered or received LCD-2's which leads to you not answering the question at all... but I always appreciate any response even if it's just someone being cheeky. 

You will sleep better knowing that before I posted the message I removed any sections and links that would have been considered privilidged information.  Anyone that had received a similar message during the ordering process would recognize it, but it's not a direct quote of the message I received. 

Mar 25, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #4 of 6
The message is perfectly clear to me. In fact, I see no need to improve on it.

BUT, there is simply no way to make one message that is clear to everyone.  IF that however was your message, and IF you have actually paid for your headphone, then you should expect it to arrive, and then you may expect a VERY nice time enjoying your music.

Make sure you have some time off, when it arrives, and enjoy! 
beerchug.gif

Mar 25, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #5 of 6

Quote:
The message is perfectly clear to me. In fact, I see no need to improve on it.

BUT, there is simply no way to make one message that is clear to everyone.  IF that however was your message, and IF you have actually paid for your headphone, then you should expect it to arrive, and then you may expect a VERY nice time enjoying your music.

Make sure you have some time off, when it arrives, and enjoy! 
beerchug.gif

Thanks for that.  I am really looking forward to the arrival.  I'll be sure to follow that advice, maybe a full day off from work is in order to truly give them some quality time!
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #6 of 6
Howdy, yep, that's the email you get when it's time to pay. I got mine Tuesday of this week. Let me tell you about it.

I placed my preorder January 30, and was watching the forums to see when folks were getting their payment notices. On a lark, I posted something like "It's hard to have a thousand bucks burning a hole in your pocket this long" on Head-Fi. The next day I got a PM from Alex, who I think is actually one of the co-designers of these phones, asking for my email so he could check the list. In the time between when I placed my preorder and now, I changed my ISP and my main email address, and still not sure, I could have possibly put my old email in the original preorder req.  So the whole thing might've been my fault. Nonetheless, the next day I got my Payment request, and paid it immediately. I got the tracking email from Fedex, but there were no updates! So I sent a "heads up" to Audeze, concerned they might have been lost in transit. Within HOURS Alex had requested a tracking update and in fact the phones were delivered that day. Not to mention I selected ground shipping and they sent them 2-day even tho we are both in California. You should have NO hesitation about dealing with this company, they are so top of it, I am so impressed by their dedication to their customers.

And the BEST part, these phones are SO much more than I expected. The packaging, the construction, and especially the SOUND. Love them, love, them, love them. Have them on my head right now, and I can hear the bow of the cello player hitting the string like I've never heard before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back