Question about the audio technica AD1000
Jul 4, 2009 at 4:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

moodyrn

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking for something different from what I have now. Right now the best all arounders I have would probably be my hd580s. I'm wondering are the ad1000s worth their asking price of 400.00(for those of you who have acturally heard them)? I use to have the ad700s. I really liked their sound signature, but I couldn't get past the lack if impact and slam. From everything I read, the ad900s doesn't provide much more which is why I'm considering the ad1000. I'm also
open to
other sugestions in that price range.

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenfieldIrving /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for something different from what I have now
signature_deepthakur.jpg
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm looking for a can that's more transparent, with more detail, and just a little more prominant midrange than the hd580. I really just want to know if the ad1000s are worth their asking price. If not, I'll consider something else.

Jul 4, 2009 at 5:20 AM Post #3 of 10
You don't hear much about the AD1000's, but people certainly seem to think that the AD2000's are worth it

I am not sure the bass will be enough though.

Have you tried using the search function?

Jul 4, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #6 of 10
I have the ad1000's. Not that keen on them due to the (imo) overemphasised treble. Very grainy at the top end.

I also have the ad 700 and 900 and find them both a much more pleasant listen. The ad700 is a very sweet sounding headphone with an extended top end. The ad900 is slightly better at both ends.

They don't sound at all like the ad1000. Much more emphasis in the top region. The 1000's don't lack bass but if you are used to a warm headphone like the Senn HD580, the 1000's are stingers in comparison.

If you want to buy and ad 1000, just make me an offer. They are in perfect condition - just not for me.

ian

Jul 4, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #7 of 10
Thanks for your impressions about the ad1000s. The last thing I would want to do is pay more money for a downgrade. I guess it's time to take those off the list.

Jul 4, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by moodyrn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for your impressions about the ad1000s. The last thing I would want to do is pay more money for a downgrade. I guess it's time to take those off the list.

Remember that it's only my opinion.

Jul 4, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Remember that it's only my opinion.

Of the few posts that I have read, others share that same opinion.

Jul 11, 2009 at 5:53 AM Post #10 of 10
I too own them and am selling them (have to make room for some live sound equipment).

They are bright and have a low treble bump, but they are very detailed and open. It's a whole other sound compared to the HD580s. Not to mention they are comfy. I got them at a big discount so I'm willing to sell mine for a fairly low price, just PM me if you have any interest.

They aren't for everyone, but most people who have tried them found them not to be super terrible, just that they liked the AD2000s (which I couldn't afford) or the AD900s better. It's like the Grado 325i, not the best, not for everyone, but if it's your sort of thing they can be enjoyable.

They aren't worth $400, but if you can get them for lower prices they can be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back