Question about Iphone3g and mic / vol control
Oct 2, 2008 at 10:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

straden

100+ Head-Fier
I just ordered triple-fi 10vi with mic / control, and I was wondering if that mic / control functions with amp in between iphone and the earphone?

Can you like talk with mic / send / end calls with amp connected?

And my other question is which amp goes well with triple fi?
I read about this fiio amp which is only like $8.
Is there any other affordable amp that pairs well with triple fi? (small size would be nice)

Oct 2, 2008 at 2:21 PM Post #2 of 2
If you look at the plug on the mic/control you will notice that it is in four sections with three black rings instead of the fhree with two rings that most headphone plugs and mini to mini interconnects have. If you plug a standard mini to mini between the iPhone and the amp, you lose any ability to remotely control the phone or use the microphone. I've found this to be a good idea that lets you use your iPhone headphones with anything else. You're not completely out of luck.

Use a mic/control adapter out of the iPhone, then use a mini to mini between that and the amp. Then use your headphones with the amp as usual. I haven't tried this with my setup yet, but I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't work.

Oh, and I don't own the Triple.fi. I use Shure Se530s so I can't guide you there.

Good luck
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back