Question about eggs
Dec 12, 2009 at 12:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 88

Patrick82

Banned
I have two eggs in the fridge which are approaching the expiration date, but I cannot consume these since I turned vegan. Unless I'm mistaken, eggs are chicken babies correct? What will happen after the expiration date? Will a baby chicken be born? Instead of throwing these eggs away, could I wait until they are born and put the chickens into my cage and feed them etc?

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:15 PM Post #2 of 88
The eggs are not fertilized. They will rot.

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:19 PM Post #3 of 88
wow

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #5 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82
Unless I'm mistaken, eggs are chicken babies correct? What will happen after the expiration date? Will a baby chicken be born?

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayformTX
The eggs are not fertilized. They will rot.

biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:32 PM Post #7 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do I fertilize them?

They have to be fertilized by the rooster, but this has to be done before the hen actually lays the egg, so I'm afraid you're out of luck here.

Why not give the eggs away to somebody who wants them?

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:40 PM Post #8 of 88
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They have to be fertilized by the rooster, but this has to be done before the hen actually lays the egg, so I'm afraid you're out of luck here.

Ah, so it's the same as when human females have eggs once per month? Nothing will grow from the eggs without a male? I tried it with my girlfriend but was unsuccessful, but I will learn how to do it properly. I want to reproduce a lot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why not give the eggs away to somebody who wants them?

My girlfriend feels sick from eggs so I can't give them to her. I don't have any friends. There are gangs outside my apartment, I don't think it's a good idea to give them my eggs.

Dec 12, 2009 at 12:43 PM Post #10 of 88
Quote:

How do I fertilize them?

This is not how the roosters do it, but try working up a few batches into a jar. Once the level is up, drop in the egg and put the jar into the fridge. Give it a few weeks.

Dec 12, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #11 of 88
Quote:

Ah, so it's the same as when human females have eggs once per month? Nothing will grow from the eggs without a male? I tried it with my girlfriend but was unsuccessful, but I will learn how to do it properly. I want to reproduce a lot.

That's right, pretty much the same business.

And just keep up trying with your girlfriend. As they say, 'practice makes perfect'

Quote:

My girlfriend feels sick from eggs so I can't give them to her. I don't have any friends. There are gangs outside my apartment, I don't think it's a good idea to give them my eggs.

Hmm, maybe if you boil them first, so they can eat them right away?

Dec 12, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #12 of 88
Quote:

Ah, so it's the same as when human females have eggs once per month? Nothing will grow from the eggs without a male? I tried it with my girlfriend but was unsuccessful, but I will learn how to do it properly.

You can't be serious?

Dec 12, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #14 of 88
Quote:

1) Like with chickens, don't wait for the eggs to come out.

2) That might look like a balanced output, but really it isn't. It's more like dual RCA jacks. You need to make sure to get the polarity right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back