Quest for new source and headphone
Dec 10, 2011 at 8:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

maniac2003

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

I'm looking into replacing my good old friend (Cowon D2 8GB + 16GB SD card) for a newer brother. Probably de Cowon iAudio 10 32GB. I also looked at the Sandisk and Sony players but the Cowon's have so much options to tailor the sound to your liking. Other suggestions are always welcome :)

Currently I use my Phonak Audeo PFE PB with black or green filters, I like the black more than the green. The only thing I miss is a bit more bass feedback. My reserve pair (Philips SHE 9800) packs more punch and I like that. So I'm also in for a set of better primary earphones. The Sennheiser IE80 or the JVC FXT90 are on my list. Impressions are good and because of the Dynamic Drivers they can hopefully deliver a bit more punch than my PFE.
The V-sonic GR07 is maybe a bit to 'boring sounding' from what I read in the various reviews.

Previous I owned the Sennheiser HD500 fusion which I liked. That's one reason for beleiving that I like the sennheiser sound. Bass and mids need to be good, highs don't need to be ear-piercing. I use my in-ears during commuting and sometimes at home.

As a on-the-go amp I have the Fiio E6 at my dissposal, not the best but it's small and handy.

Tips and other suggestions are certainly welcome.

Total budget is around €400,- max (~ $536)

Cowon iAudio 10 32GB = €200,-

Thanks in advance for all your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back