Qudelix-T71 Thread | 8V RMS, PEQ & 7.1 Surround USB DAC/Amp
Oct 19, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #77 of 434
Sorry for the newbie question, but what exactly does the crossfeed feature do? I’m used to this term as something else i’m sure.

Simply put, it slightly mixes the right channel signal into the left channel and vice versa.

This is to 'simulate' the type of listening that is obtained from the speakers of a stereo system, where the audio signal of the right channel reaches both the right and left ears and vice versa.

Oct 19, 2023 at 3:15 PM Post #78 of 434
Simply put, it slightly mixes the right channel signal into the left channel and vice versa.

This is to 'simulate' the type of listening that is obtained from the speakers of a stereo system, where the audio signal of the right channel reaches both the right and left ears and vice versa.
Thank you for the explanation. That sounds awesome. Especially for my LCD-XC that can sometimes have a bit too distinct channel separation it feels like.

Oct 19, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #79 of 434
In the end, I ordered directly from the company. Anyone else did that? If yes, how long did the delivery take?

Oct 20, 2023 at 6:33 PM Post #84 of 434
I only use balanced connections. Tried normal gain.

Using balanced connection with the T71 (even with its normal gain profile, which outputs 4VRMS) is a total overkill for sensitive IEMs.

1697841029454.png

Unbalanced with normal gain (2VRMS) would be your best bet, I got to listen to a Campfire Andromeda with my Qudelix 5K a while back and didn't perceive any hiss at 1VRMS or 2VRMS.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #85 of 434
Have you tried the standard profile with the normal output power (1V)?
Lowest T71 can go is 2V, can't it?

Unbalanced with normal gain (2VRMS) would be your best bet, I got to listen to a Campfire Andromeda with my Qudelix 5K a while back and didn't perceive any hiss at 1VRMS or 2VRMS.
Won't the soundstage decrease using SE instead of balanced?

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 10:20 AM Post #89 of 434
Won't the soundstage decrease using SE instead of balanced?
As also @Tano mentioned, it is a myth. In most cases where the SE output is technically as good as the balanced output, there is absolutely no reason to use balanced output for an IEM. I would even go one step further and say it is a bad idea, as the balanced output impedance is often larger than the SE output. Especially with low impedance IEMs, the impedance curve of the IEM will act like an EQ on the sound, as IEMs especially multi driver IEMs have wildly varying impedance depending on the frequency.

I see sometimes people using balanced output with high gain with 2-5 ohm IEMs and complain about the hiss, which is ridiculous. Actually most ridiculous part of this is that a company can release a 2 ohm IEM an sell it for thousands with a balanced cable. If you compare it to the balanced output impedance of, for example SP3000, which is 1.6 ohms, one can realise how ridiculous it is. In my book, an IEM with such a low impedance is an unfinished product with incompetent developers.

Oct 21, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #90 of 434
In most cases where the SE output is technically as good as the balanced output, there is absolutely no reason to use balanced output for an IEM.

I guess one question is whether or not the SE output is "technically as good" with a lot of focus being placed on the balanced output these days, especially from the popular brands...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back