Qudelix-T71 Thread | 8V RMS, PEQ & 7.1 Surround USB DAC/Amp
Oct 13, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #61 of 434
I used my T71 with the new beta firmware for like 4/5 hours yesterday and got no reboots. Before this, I was getting at least 3 o 4 reboots.

I don't know if it's solved 100% cause it's too early to judge it, but the situation has improved and got the feeling that It might have been solved for good.

If anyone is getting the random system reboots and wanna install the beta firmware, please send me a message :)

Oct 13, 2023 at 9:52 AM Post #62 of 434
Trying multi channels with moodeaudio on pi zero w 2.
IMG20231013211651.jpg

Oct 15, 2023 at 6:59 PM Post #63 of 434
The website mentions crossfeed but I don't see it in the manual. Does it have it or is it to be implemented?

Oct 16, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #64 of 434
I will most probably not get any answer again, but for the record, anyone using it with a mobile phone? Did you notice any audible noise induced over the USB?

Oct 16, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #66 of 434
I will most probably not get any answer again, but for the record, anyone using it with a mobile phone? Did you notice any audible noise induced over the USB?
I've been using with my Android phone (Realme GT Neo 2) and I never heard any kind of noise while playing music. You get a very tiny click when the dac switches sample rate (for example if you switch from a 44,1 khz album to a 96khz one), but it isn't bothersome as it last miliseconds.
I asked them about it and this is what they said:

"When the sample rate changes, we need to reset the DAC for the new sample rate. Resetting DAC may cause a slight tick noise. We could try the driver firmware enhancement to minimize the tick noise, but we can't make it 100% tick noise free"

Oct 16, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #67 of 434
You can't use crossfeed so far, but I think that they are gonna implement It with future firmware updates. They said they were working on different kinds of features and DSP.
Thanks for the info. They also replied on the forums.

DSP features of this unit is what every new DAP in the market should also be doing but even the €5000 DAPs fail to do, which is ridiculous. They keep repackaging the same hardware and keep increasing the price with every iteration, without any notable improvement in the feature set. I am really excited about this unit.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #68 of 434

I use it with iPhone13.
If I have to use headphones (so not IEM), I change the mode from VBUS to Hybrid, bypassing the current limitations of the lightning port.

Oct 16, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #69 of 434
Thanks for the info. They also replied on the forums.

DSP features of this unit is what every new DAP in the market should also be doing but even the €5000 DAPs fail to do, which is ridiculous. They keep repackaging the same hardware and keep increasing the price with every iteration, without any notable improvement in the feature set. I am really excited about this unit.
Yeah, just saw that in the official forum, thanks.

Exactly my thoughts man, it is beyond ridiculous to charge that much for DAPs and DAC/AMPs that sound pretty much the same IMO and got no useful features at all. They just put the newest chip in and charge you a stupid amount. I really got fed up of that a long time ago...

I have owned/tried a plethora of gear and devices like this are what get me excited on this hobby. I think that the T71 really makes a difference if you are either playing or watching stuff with multichannel audio, or if you want a dongle for music with a good set of features and probably the best app out there.

Oct 16, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #70 of 434
Still getting a lot of crashes with my T71 on the latest firmware. It isn't a big deal and I'm sure they'll work it out, but it's a bit annoying. Especially when the crash turns off the bass boost I use while gaming. I keep it in 7.1 if that matters, and am mostly using it with my Windows 11 PC.

By the way, does anyone know what the difference is between performance mode and standard mode?

Oct 16, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #71 of 434
Still getting a lot of crashes with my T71 on the latest firmware. It isn't a big deal and I'm sure they'll work it out, but it's a bit annoying. Especially when the crash turns off the bass boost I use while gaming. I keep it in 7.1 if that matters, and am mostly using it with my Windows 11 PC.

By the way, does anyone know what the difference is between performance mode and standard mode?
I was getting like 1 crash per hour or so before the update. With the new update, I get about 1 crash on 3/4 hours session.
It's annoying for sure, but not a deal breaker at all.

Do you use the auto function on the app while using 7.1? They recommended me to switch to "lock" while gaming.

Oct 16, 2023 at 6:55 PM Post #72 of 434
I was getting like 1 crash per hour or so before the update. With the new update, I get about 1 crash on 3/4 hours session.

Do you use the auto function on the app while using 7.1? They recommended me to switch to "lock" while gaming.

I've been using the "auto" function even while gaming with no problems so far, but only played a couple of games on PC with multichannel output (Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite), although I have not upgraded the firmware since it arrived.

Oct 16, 2023 at 7:10 PM Post #73 of 434
I've been using the "auto" function even while gaming with no problems so far, but only played a couple of games on PC with multichannel output (Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite), although I have not upgraded the firmware since it arrived.
It only crashes with certain games. They recommended to use lock when playing multichannel audio games anyways, so better keep doing that until they manage to fix it.

Oct 17, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #74 of 434
How is the hiss with sensitive IEMs? Does anyone try?

Oct 19, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #75 of 434

Yes, I am using lock mode. I guess the crashing has become less frequent at least. Also, somehow, when it reboots now it's started rebooting with bass boost still active. So it's less of an inconvenience, but I'm still hoping they resolve it soon.

How is the hiss with sensitive IEMs? Does anyone try?

I had only noticed very slight hiss with the Sound Rhyme SR8, which is a notoriously sensitive IEM. But also, just now, I pulled out my unused Andromeda 2020, and there was a tiny amount of hiss with it as well. Less than the SR8. In the case of the Andromeda, the hiss is very insignificant, I might not even bother with my ifi IEMatch+. Using normal gain of course. I haven't noticed hiss with any of my other IEMs in any scenario.

Edit - BTW, PCGamingWiki is a good resource for looking up various features games have. I always use it to check for super ultrawide monitor support, but now I'm also using it to check for surround sound support. And thankfully, most games I've played(Cyberpunk: Phantom Liberty, Resident Evil: Separate Ways, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Ratchet and Clank: A Rift Apart, Omno, The Crew: Motorfest) since getting the T71 have support for it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back