Qudelix-T71 Thread | 8V RMS, PEQ & 7.1 Surround USB DAC/Amp
Feb 22, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #301 of 434
Hello
Can anyone tell me how sound T71 after some burn in becouse out to the box sound sharp and lean to me...it will improve with some warm and dense sound after or stay the same?
If it sounds sharp and lean to you, it won't turn into a warm device overnight.
The Qudelix is a transparent DAC/AMP.

Feb 22, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #302 of 434
Hello
Can anyone tell me how sound T71 after some burn in becouse out to the box sound sharp and lean to me...it will improve with some warm and dense sound after or stay the same?
I don't find it to be especially sharper than other devices. It gives much more information and air than Qudelix 5k.

Feb 23, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #305 of 434
Hello
I have about 374 hours on mine and it does smooth out a little bit over time, I noticed around the 50 hour mark. It never sounded sharp or lean to me though. The T71 (and 5K even) are pretty honest in my opinion, so you might just not like the sound these produce.

Feb 23, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #307 of 434
I haven't had any personal experience with the Fiio q15 so I'm not able to comment, but looking at some reviews the sound profile is described as smooth and warm, so that may be more to your liking.

Feb 23, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #308 of 434
The T71 is really an underrated and overlooked device IMO. It has plenty of power, no background noise even with my sensitive IEMs, and the EQ functionality with the Chrome app works great. Plus, the price is competitive when you consider that this can serve as both a desktop (bypassing the battery operation) and mobile dac/amp. I struggle to hear a difference between this and my desktop dac/amp (maybe the latter has slighly more bass impact?), so this has made me rethink whether I even need a desktop dac/amp for the relatively sensitive headphones and IEMs in my collection.

Feb 23, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #311 of 434
I need to choose t71 or fiio q15
Both great device but like to choose which of two is more smooth sound in stock mode without eq...any experience?

Have you tried any of the dac filters? I know it won't make an enormous difference, but slow roll off might help.

Feb 23, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #312 of 434
I try it no different at all maybe 1% better
I like it if put on preset treble reducer and then sound good total no fatigue for extended listen time...but i like more have good sound in stock without eq...monday i will recive fiio q15 if is better in stock form

Users who are viewing this thread

Back