Quality cables with in-line microphone? Any ideas?
Jul 27, 2011 at 7:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

landofshane

New Head-Fier
I’m on the hunt for some new headphones. Except – I’m looking for a product which doesn’t exist… so it’s time to get creative.

To cut a long story short I’m looking for some high quality, robust, headphone cables which have a built in microphone.

I travel a lot, so I’m leaning towards some customs to get the most comfortable fit for in flight sleeping.
And, I spend a lot of my life on the phone and find Bluetooth headsets are generally rubbish.
And, I’m pedantic about sound so don’t want to compromise…

Ideally I would like to get customs made with a in-line microphone in the cable to give me the best of all worlds in one. However, I am really struggling to find a high quality cable (which will last for years) with a built in microphone.

Can anyone suggest any 3rd party (or ‘replacement’) cables which might fit this description (which I can then build into a custom)?

Any advice/ideas appreciated!

Jul 27, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #3 of 5
Contact with Moon Audio, JH Audio, Westone, ALO and UM and see if they can built one for you or TF 10vi cable is already available to use with JH, UE and Westone custom IEMs.

Jul 28, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks guys! I've contacted Minerva to see if they can source a cable (as suggested) otherwise I'll have a close look at the TF10vi option. Cheers!

Jul 29, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #5 of 5
How about the "music cable" by Shure.  I've only used it a little but it seems really durable.  I was also reading a thread where you can get custom tips (UM56 I think) for Shure's so it's the best of both worlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back