Quality 1/8 to 1/4 adapters
Dec 6, 2017 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

FrostyToast

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I recently bought a pack of these sorts of these adapters because I have a 1/4 jack on my amp and mostly 1/8 connectors on my headphones. I don't really post here, but after my experiences with these I felt I needed to go here for some advice.
Upon receiving these connectors I discovered that they are... well I would probably be banned if I described them honestly, but simply put, they are quite loose. Unless you get the connection perfect and then super glue the connectors together, the mating will be misaligned enough to cause loss of all, if not almost all audio.
So my question for the more seasoned folk here who have already wasted their money on adapters and found ones that are actually good:
Where can I find quality adapters to use?
Preferably, I would want the tiny metal ones, shaped much like these, as they are very simple, out of the way, and cause very little stress on the connections due to how short they are. However, in the realm of low stress adapters, I might be willing to go with adapter cables if there simply isn't any other option. It'll be an uglier solution since I'll have a little more wire tangling to deal with, but it's not like I can use my headphones any way otherwise. Just to avoid having to deal with this, I might end up paying whatever ridiculous price snake oil companies might have for their gold plated platinum core angel dust blessed-by-the-mountain-god audio connectors.
Thank you very much for reading and/or providing help!

Dec 6, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #2 of 3
Perhaps adjust the title to 1/8 to 1/4 for clarity purposes, as thats the adapter you need. Other than that, I'm out of ideas :p

Dec 6, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #3 of 3
Perhaps adjust the title to 1/8 to 1/4 for clarity purposes, as thats the adapter you need. Other than that, I'm out of ideas :p
Duly noted, thank you very much!
I suppose I was just tired and thought that since 4 is smaller than 8, that must have been how it worked. Perhaps if I used my native and sensible measurement system, I could have also correctly said "3.5 to 6.5mm"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back