QUALIA MDR-EXQ1 - Just Received as a gift
Jul 26, 2008 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

ansel1969

New Head-Fier
Fate. Timing. Life. It's odd. I've only been posting at Headfi for a couple of weeks (although I have been a reader for years) and the oddest thing happens. I've been using my QUALIA010's even more. I'm considering upgrading my amp from a V3 to a V8 and...

The doorbell rings yesterday and it's an overseas delivery service with a package from an old friend in Tokyo. Apparently he picked up a pair of EXQ1 in Japan several years ago intending to send them as a gift. I guess I gushed one too many times about my 010's. He had never gotten around to sending them (that's just fine Yosh). The week before last while rummaging around his office he found them and one delivery man later I have a little white box with little black and silver QUALIA ear buds in them.

I don't think I should even open them since I'm guessing they are pretty rare. I'm not really an ear bud type of user since I rarely (never) listen to the highly compressed (iTunes and others. Steve Jobs you will go to audio hell where you will be forced to listen to hour upon hour, one song at a time for .99 cents in AAC) crap that passes for quality encoding these days. Oh the pain
smily_headphones1.gif

But what an interesting little piece of history I now have in my possession.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back