QQ v3.0
Dec 10, 2011 at 10:59 PM Post #123 of 780
The holiday plans are as follows.

1. Wake up
2. Drag ass out of bed several days before christmas
3. Depart with grandmother and dumb dog for the 5 hour drive.
4. Sit in traffic and have what amounts to awkward small talk for the large portion of the trip while we "catch up" about the life I don't have and the things I don't aspire to do all while dodging idiots driving 90 mph on the freeway (PS I suck at driving. It's a miracle I'm allowed to drive at all. Check the news, I'll be the kid in the 12 car pileup)
5. Listen to religious pedantry
6. Arrive in houston
7. More awkward small talk
8. Go shopping
9. Parents arrive
10. Pretend to enjoy christmas, maybe watch rudolf
11. Fake enjoy opening gifts (seriously,  give me money. I AM BROKE. I DON'T NEED SOCKS. I WANT A TURNTABLE)
12. Drive home in even longer post christmas traffic
13. No more small talk, just sit in silence
14. Arrive home
15. LEGEND OF ZELDA MARATHON

happy holidays folks

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #124 of 780
You best plan to come to the meet we're gonna be having. Can't remember if you're already involved the thread or not. 

Number 11 is my family.

Quote:
The holiday plans are as follows.

1. Wake up
2. Drag ass out of bed several days before christmas
3. Depart with grandmother and dumb dog for the 5 hour drive.
4. Sit in traffic and have what amounts to awkward small talk for the large portion of the trip while we "catch up" about the life I don't have and the things I don't aspire to do all while dodging idiots driving 90 mph on the freeway (PS I suck at driving. It's a miracle I'm allowed to drive at all. Check the news, I'll be the kid in the 12 car pileup)
5. Listen to religious pedantry
6. Arrive in houston
7. More awkward small talk
8. Go shopping
9. Parents arrive
10. Pretend to enjoy christmas, maybe watch rudolf
11. Fake enjoy opening gifts (seriously,  give me money. I AM BROKE. I DON'T NEED SOCKS. I WANT A TURNTABLE)
12. Drive home in even longer post christmas traffic
13. No more small talk, just sit in silence
14. Arrive home
15. LEGEND OF ZELDA MARATHON

happy holidays folks

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #125 of 780
As much as I love getting money as a present, there is something strangely disappointing about waking on Christmas morning to only an envelope in my stocking.

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #126 of 780
Forget that man. If I get anything that's not an envelope I get frustrated. My family has this idea that money isn't personal, but they know they can't actually afford to get me anything I want because it's all so expensive...so I get socks. 

Quote:
As much as I love getting money as a present, there is something strangely disappointing about waking on Christmas morning to only an envelope in my stocking.

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #127 of 780
Quote:
Forget that man. If I get anything that's not an envelope I get frustrated. My family has this idea that money isn't personal, but they know they can't actually afford to get me anything I want because it's all so expensive...so I get socks. 

They should stuff the socks with spare change.

Not only can you use it to beat them over the head, but you can spend the change later.

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:46 PM Post #128 of 780
Kirosia does not celebrate the holidays, so he will mostly verily be getting a stocking full of lined cotton and broken dreams.

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #130 of 780

Quote:

Not for me. There's nothing quite like getting money. The fact that I can change that money into anything I want is more amazing than a sweater, even if it's an amazing sweater. It also lets me plan afterwards what I want to buy, and that is a powerful feeling.

This might also factor in, but I've never been one for surprises. My birthday gift (which is on monday) has already been picked out and hopefully paid for. 

QQ: I really wish I could be a hermit, but I can't be one yet.

Dec 10, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #131 of 780
I suppose I was lucky as a kid. I never got sweaters. My parents did the Christmas shopping for our grandparents because they never knew what to get us.

I got Majora's Mask that way one year. Best present ever.

Dec 11, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #132 of 780
Complaint: Sometimes when I click "edit" the messages just looks like this:

<p>
 Dude why do you watch Doctor Who&nbsp;and talk about</p>
<p>
 &nbsp;</p>
<table cellspacing="5" class="infobox vevent" style="width: 22em;">
 <tbody>
  <tr>
   <th scope="row" style="text-align: left;">
    No. of seasons</th>
   <td>