Qobuz Lossless Streaming Service Thread
Jun 5, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #2,011 of 2,156
Your S23 will upscale everything to either 48 or 192. It's a problem baked into android usually referred to as sample rate conversion. UAPP bypasses this and plays bit perfect. The cheeky question, though, is can you hear any difference...

Tidal can bypass this as well, if you grant exclusive access over USB (when asked).

Jun 11, 2023 at 11:05 AM Post #2,012 of 2,156
So the latest version of Qobuz on iOS seems to have a bug. It truncates downloaded playlists at 30 tracks. It seems to be doing the same for playlists that are already downloaded. I thought my playlists were suddenly repeating themselves a lot…:triportsad:

Jun 16, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #2,013 of 2,156
Been dealing with Qobuz help for the past two days. Latest update allowed me to view entire playlists on my iPad again but problem still persists on iPhone. Will post if we come to a resolution.

Jun 16, 2023 at 10:25 PM Post #2,014 of 2,156
Been dealing with Qobuz help for the past two days. Latest update allowed me to view entire playlists on my iPad again but problem still persists on iPhone. Will post if we come to a resolution.
I am Beta testing a new version now. The problem seems to be fixed in this version but still testing.

Jun 18, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #2,015 of 2,156
I am Beta testing a new version now. The problem seems to be fixed in this version but still testing.
Playlist issue has not returned but every time I stop using the app through CarPlay it crashes.

Jun 18, 2023 at 5:12 PM Post #2,016 of 2,156
Playlist issue has not returned but every time I stop using the app through CarPlay it crashes.
Not a great alternative issue lol

Jul 1, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #2,017 of 2,156
So now that Tidal is by necessity transitioning away from MQA, I've deemed it acceptable to re-reconsider Tidal again as a potential supplement to my Qobuz subscription.

I spent a little while comparing the Qobuz vs Tidal offerings of dozens of artists I like, some more obscure than others, and found that there was an overlap between the two of about 90%, with about 10% being offered on one but not the other, and neither service offering notably more than the other. I was looking primarily at contemporary jazz (post-2000), anime soundtracks, JPop, and various electronic stuff mostly from the 2010's onward. I only had a single "Oh sweet!" moment where I found an album that interested me on Tidal which I was otherwise not aware of.

Just one person's random music preferences, but a potentially useful data-point. Maybe?

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #2,018 of 2,156
So my qobuz playlist is mostly hi res. Then i import the playlist in cd quality. (I have kept streaming quality as hi res in settings). And when playing my playlist NOT from the offline menu, it shows these tracks are now cd quality?

what’s with that?
it does not differentiate my imported/ off line playlist to what i may be streaming?

have i missed a menu/ settings option or is this just qobuz?

thanks

Jul 6, 2023 at 11:27 PM Post #2,019 of 2,156
So my qobuz playlist is mostly hi res. Then i import the playlist in cd quality. (I have kept streaming quality as hi res in settings). And when playing my playlist NOT from the offline menu, it shows these tracks are now cd quality?

what’s with that?
it does not differentiate my imported/ off line playlist to what i may be streaming?

have i missed a menu/ settings option or is this just qobuz?

thanks
Correct. Qobuz will, by default, play the imported version. Likely implemented to preserve data usage.

Jul 7, 2023 at 2:42 AM Post #2,020 of 2,156
Correct. Qobuz will, by default, play the imported version. Likely implemented to preserve data usage.
Thanks - can i un-default that? (Without deleting imported).

eg turn off offline mode

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #2,021 of 2,156
Thanks - can i un-default that? (Without deleting imported).

eg turn off offline mode
Unfortunately I’m not aware of any work around but there are some guru’s in this thread that may chime in and state the contrary. Sorry friend.

Jul 7, 2023 at 12:01 PM Post #2,022 of 2,156
Unfortunately I’m not aware of any work around but there are some guru’s in this thread that may chime in and state the contrary. Sorry friend.
I can confirm this - just imported part of a hi-res playlist in CD quality, then went back and streamed the playlist through my Fiio Q3 and the bit-rate shifted between the CD quality I had downloaded and the High-res tracks that were being streamed. I also noticed that the playlist, when viewed from "my Qobuz" reflected that the downloaded tracks were CD quality while the streamed tracks were still High-res even though the entire playlist was High-res.

Jul 7, 2023 at 11:14 PM Post #2,023 of 2,156
I can confirm this - just imported part of a hi-res playlist in CD quality, then went back and streamed the playlist through my Fiio Q3 and the bit-rate shifted between the CD quality I had downloaded and the High-res tracks that were being streamed. I also noticed that the playlist, when viewed from "my Qobuz" reflected that the downloaded tracks were CD quality while the streamed tracks were still High-res even though the entire playlist was High-res.
thanks for the post

So if i got this right: even though everything was showing as being cd quality, when actually streaming them, ie playing through my qobuz (eg playlists or songs), ALL hi-res tracks were coming through in hi res even though the display showed “cd quality”?

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #2,024 of 2,156
thanks for the post

So if i got this right: even though everything was showing as being cd quality, when actually streaming them, ie playing through my qobuz (eg playlists or songs), ALL hi-res tracks were coming through in hi res even though the display showed “cd quality”?
Not quite. Everything downloaded as CD quality will play at CD quality. If the entire list is downloaded it will play at the downloaded level regardless of what level streaming is set for.

Jul 8, 2023 at 6:09 AM Post #2,025 of 2,156
Not quite. Everything downloaded as CD quality will play at CD quality. If the entire list is downloaded it will play at the downloaded level regardless of what level streaming is set for.
I was hoping that if i play songs by selecting them from my “offline” menu (downloaded/offline list) that they would be cd quality as dowloaded of course

but when selecting these songs from “my qobuz” they would stream in hi res, as per my settings . Surely that’s the way it should be.

if not, no dramas. I’ll just have to work around it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back