QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP
May 21, 2014 at 12:35 AM Post #31 of 753

Thanks for the impression.  Does that mean it cannot handle complex music ? Could you buy one at the shop now?

It handles complex music better than X5, DX50/90; AK100; not quite as good as HM901; Actually one of the better ones I've heard on a portable all-in-one, but seldom does any portable DAP handles complex scene with huge dynamic ranges with confidence. Unless you're really into that genre though, it wouldn't be a deal breaker.
    Sadly I can't, the shop I demoed at told me that there is but one demo unit in the whole city and it's gonna stay that way for quite a while. But frankly, with that MSRP I wouldn't blink to buy it on site if it's available. I actually prefer the brushed aluminum finish than whatever anodized aluminum they'll adopt to the retail unit. The coating on top of the brushed aluminum makes it really nice to touch.

May 21, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #32 of 753
    It handles complex music better than X5, DX50/90; AK100; not quite as good as HM901; Actually one of the better ones I've heard on a portable all-in-one, but seldom does any portable DAP handles complex scene with huge dynamic ranges with confidence. Unless you're really into that genre though, it wouldn't be a deal breaker.
    Sadly I can't, the shop I demoed at told me that there is but one demo unit in the whole city and it's gonna stay that way for quite a while. But frankly, with that MSRP I wouldn't blink to buy it on site if it's available. I actually prefer the brushed aluminum finish than whatever anodized aluminum they'll adopt to the retail unit. The coating on top of the brushed aluminum makes it really nice to touch.

Thanks!!
In terms of bass/sub-bass performance for dynamic driver iem, do you think qa360 is around the same as hm-901?

May 21, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #34 of 753
Thanks UNIISO for your impression. Do you know if the UI support playlist function?

May 22, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #38 of 753
901 UI is stable and not buggy at all , I can't fault it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 22, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #40 of 753

Interesting thread!!!!

What's up with QLS themselves (or himself?) saying don't expect QLS360 to be better or even on par with HM901?! (Post #195 of the erji thread). It plainly said they do not intend the 360 to compete with 901 and is designed and priced as such.....

They even went on to praised hifiman for pricing the 901 so low with regards to it's high cost components, advanced design, and the sonic performance.... What!?!? it sounded like QLS are big fans of hifiman?!

In any case not sure how I will find the qls360 I must say they earn my respect by so frankly pointing out the deficiencies of their own new product and praising competition...wow...

May 22, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #41 of 753
Thanks, kkcc.
I was told that QLS makes a very high performance portable transport, i hope this is true

May 29, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #43 of 753
  From the manual, looks like you can add/remove any song (up to 99) into "favourite list", but that's about it. 

Just like the Cowon J3, then.

On the J3 you have a 100-max limit on a 'favourites' list, and whenever you want to create a new list, you can't save the old one. You have to remove tracks and add new ones, always within the 100-track limit.

Better than nothing, but very frustrating and a waste of time creating them only to delete them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back