qls mub 1
Sep 1, 2023 at 1:15 PM Post #47 of 179
I pre-ordered my MUB1 when they were first announced and had to wait about four weeks. I'm really pleased with it and highly recommend them. It drives everything I've tried so far without issue, although I haven't tried crazy-hard headphones. The filters actually make an audible difference, which is unusual for me. The build quality is excellent and form factor is spot on for my needs.

You can create a "virtual" line out by maxing the volume on medium gain too, which is nice.
I've been looking at this for its NOS capability; how does it sound in NOS mode?

Sep 1, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #48 of 179
Please now need a review for a sound signature and quality..vs mojo 2
I don't have a Mojo2 but that's likely to be a more neutral source. I'm afraid I don't have much time to write a detailed review at present due to work, but let me offer a few comments. I've listened exclusively with IEMs to date - mainly Kinera Loki and ThieAudio V16, using Qobuz hi-res files directly from a MacBook. I typically listen to rock, blues, older metal & grunge (80s/90s typically), acoustic, female vocals, jazz, some electronic. I haven't really tested using Bluetooth as I prefer to prioritise sound quality.

Bass is rich and musical. It has good weight and impact, certainly not feeling light in that regard. Mids are quite full and rich. Treble is detailed but not as crisp and clear as you might find from a more neutral source. I've felt stage could be a little narrower than with other sources (e.g. my HyBy RS6). Stage depth was quite impressive though. Because of the warmer overall tonality, busy tracks can sometimes feel a little congested. Overall, I think it's a really solid buy. I prefer it to my XD05 BAL, which is more neutral and analytical, rather than engaging and musical.

Sep 1, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #49 of 179
Quloos mub1 have a full thumpy bass good impact or light in bass department? I search something with good body and bass impact with smoother highs...have quloos this signature?
Thanks
If that's the sort of signature you want, I'd say MUB1 will meet that very nicely.

Sep 1, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #50 of 179
Good good thanks allot...i will wait if some distributor is Europe will be good for warranty staff if not my only option is hifigo but it s from China which I avoid if is possible. Thanks for explanation it enough for me...I search more rich and dense sound I don't like neutral analitical staff ....

Sep 2, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #51 of 179
Good good thanks allot...i will wait if some distributor is Europe will be good for warranty staff if not my only option is hifigo but it s from China which I avoid if is possible. Thanks for explanation it enough for me...I search more rich and dense sound I don't like neutral analitical staff ....
You might also want to try the Shanling H7 and iFi xDSD Gryphon if that's the sort of sound signature you like. Personally, I find both too warm and dense for my tastes.

Sep 7, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #54 of 179
I tried today MUB1. During first hour it sounded really bad, but after some time it seems like internal components started working properly and the sound improved.

By the way, it has that feel of good clean power, like desktop players. The lows are punchy, midrange is smooth and musical, but highs are not dull. Highs are even a bit sharp with bright iems on poor recordings, unlike Hiby RS2, another warm source which is more smooth on highs, and has less colored lower mids and bass. Despite of R2R nature of RS2, MUB1 is definitely more punchy due to superior amplification.

Build quality looked not impressive on photos, but it feels amazing on hand. The back plate is matte glass or plastic with very pleasant feeling.

As for BT, it sounds differently with different sources. with good source the sound is great. I listened Spotify streamed from my Macbook with Beyerdynamic DT700 while working and I’m more than happy with the sound. It was very enjoyable, easy to listen, without capturing too much attention on details, but with definite punch and rumble.

Attachments

• 8A24C27E-50FE-4FCE-B2B3-71A42AC8C7BE.jpeg
    8A24C27E-50FE-4FCE-B2B3-71A42AC8C7BE.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • AAA0C933-6BEB-4EF5-A08C-7017288AE4C2.jpeg
    AAA0C933-6BEB-4EF5-A08C-7017288AE4C2.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 11, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #59 of 179
Has only been running for couple of hours, and from what I read it requires some burn-in. However, first impressions are already good. Tried quit a few dongles recently (KA5, RU6, W4, RU7), none of which I really liked (maybe the RU7 being the exception). But I can already hear that the amp section is the differentiator, meaning more body, better soundstage (both wider and taller), and pretty spacious. It's definitely better than the W4, that uses the same quad cirrus DAC chips. Btw picture doesn't do justice to the MUB1, it looks much better in reality. And the menu offers a lot of helpful options.

Whether or not it matches your preferences, I don't know. Fatigue free means different things to different people, for me that would be about not too forward mids. The Cayin RU7 has a more romantic sound, if that's your thing. But I would not label the MUB1 as analytical, especially not with the filter set to NOS. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back