q701 and k271(k702 cable differences?
Jun 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ihearnoises1981

New Head-Fier
hey hifi community lately i have been alternating cables (since they identical terminations) between my q701 and k271(same cable as k702) and the difference came to me in the first listen, since (not to be modest or anything) i and my fellow audiophiles around town believe i have "golden ears"
ANYWAYS!!!!! i noticed the 4-8khz range seemed smoother,  more liquid it FLOATED LIKE JESUS!!!, giving me a sense of warmth, and a tiny bit more fuller sounding and a more pleasant 1-2khz range sweetness, but the k271 cable seemed more coarse and abrasive also more emphatic, piercing, in the 4-8khz region making the ranges 1-2khz less captivating and less sweet and liquid but was more revealing and analytic and a tad bit more dynamic in the 6-8khz, also it seemed to choke (frequencies fighting for the spotlight), making harder to hear and not as audible as the q701 since it was more layered and played everything at it's own terms and resolution was sought to be inferior with the k271 cable, for the resolution wasn't really broadband across the FR range since it focalized more of the 6-8khz range while the q701 cable was, and was more of a integrated whole and ranges seemed to support each other with more detail, while it showed more contemplation in tones while proving more detail across the FR (that includes mid/low/highs ranges) not just upper mid range and highs(6-16khz). it was more dense with richness and showed great care in reverberations while the 271 cable focused on showing the "detail" in the upper mid range and highs but in the end, it did not turned out to be resolute. since the q701 cable corroborated more saturation of detail and seemed fuller, and showed more care for reverberations and tonal fullness and timbre qualities and showed to fluctuate at a fast rate, rather than very noticeable oscillating with piercing and fatiguing dynamics, and was more layered and unforced, it showed to be more natural,balanced, more graceful,more control, deeply layered,more resolution while giving a liquid feel to it, and more of a integrated whole while being fuller and concocted better imaging and soundstage. overall i like the q701 for previously stated reasons, and that it was more relaxing, seductive and less fatiguing and definitely captivated me with the midrange. although, the k271 had qualities to corroborate with such as a sense of being more analytic, revealing, and impulsive, it failed to pair with my q701's, since it was less musical and warming and overall un-relaxing and very clinical. before you give me a the notion of " there probably is no change" or "it won't affect" or " maybe it will" or "it will have minimal differences" I DO NOT WANT ANY SPECULATION OR ANY OTHER UNRELATED CRAP PLEASE!%&*%^% i want to see is, how it felt when you tried this( to confirm my experiences and so i know my hearing is not impaired or that i am not crazy), BASICALLY!! i want you to give me your RESULTS!!! NOT, NOT, NOT  you speculations or your pointless unrelated crap, and yes i know, the changes are not massive but they do affect my listening experience significantly (for a cable swap anyways) and before you ask i do have the proper burn in hours and a proper amp and good music formats(running lossless, same kbs ratings as flac).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back