Q JAYS - Futuresonic Atrios - Denon AH-C700??
Oct 8, 2007 at 3:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I know not many people if at all, own all 3 IEM's but what are your opinions on them.

Also not many people own the Q JAYS yet. If you vote can you please say what for have out of the 3 and say what one you voted for. It makes everybodys life easier (hopefully)

What are your thoughts?

Oct 8, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #2 of 13
I voted for the Atrios because I have them, and love them. I have not, however, listened to any of the others on the poll list.

My only complaint about the Atrios is that sometimes I'm in the mood for hyper-detail with certain recordings, and the Atrios trade just a hint of detail off to get the fatigue-free listen that's such a pleasure most of the time.

Given what's been said in Head-Fi, my next IEM will be the q-jays, which I think will be a perfect complement for the Atrios. Saving my pennies now.

Oct 8, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #3 of 13
I own both Denons and Atrios, and like Grommel, I favor the overall smooth SQ of the Atrios, but by a thin margin. Sometimes, the Denons just seem a little too bright to me, and I have to adjust the sound or the EQ. Never with the Atrios, no matter what comes up on a playlist. Could they use a little more detail. Sure. But not at the expense of what they already deliver.

Oct 8, 2007 at 7:57 PM Post #4 of 13
OK thanks for that, be sure to make a review on them both when the pennies have rolled in.

tstarn you thinking of getting the jays as you seem quite an audiophile!!

Oct 8, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK thanks for that, be sure to make a review on them both when the pennies have rolled in.

tstarn you thinking of getting the jays as you seem quite an audiophile!!

No, not getting the q-JAYS. Too expensive for my typical buys.

I also heard a rumor that Yuin, which makes the PK1, is going to come out with an IEM later in the year. Waiting to see about that. And I am no audiophile, just an enthusiast. My gear isn't worth all that much, to be honest. I'm just having fun, not all that serious about it $$$-wise.

Oct 8, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok the yuin iem will be interesting.

Is it worth getting the PK1 or PK3. Where can you get them from. I live in IK as you can probably see lol

www.head-direct.com

It's worth getting either or both, but if you are on a budget, the PK3 is great.

Oct 8, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #9 of 13
Voted for Atrio M5s, been using them for around 5 days now. They really do sound great and the bass is great. It isn't overpowering or anything like my JVC Marshmallows. The Marshmallows have more quantity of bass actually, but the Atrio's have much better impact and tightness, if that makes sense LOL

Oct 9, 2007 at 7:13 AM Post #10 of 13
Had to vote Westone 3, since I was able to do a side by side comparison with my beloved Shure SE500's when I visited Westone to drop of my impressions for custom ear-canal monitor tips.

Oct 9, 2007 at 9:31 AM Post #11 of 13
i voted other!! THE best IEM of all time has to be the ue 10 pro...closely followed along by se530's and then almost level pegging with those will be ety er4s.

there are ofcourse other customs such as ue7 and so on that are on par and better than the universals i mentioned but im just giving a wider range of whats best at different prices. we all know customs give a better sound but at a premium price!

out of the earphones you listed in the post id have to say q-jays but thats going by the reviews i read so far. i never voted them because the thread is a whats the best iem thread...with a ''other'' option...strange?

Oct 9, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #12 of 13
well, i vote for the atrio even though i have only heard them and every other iem except for the new c700 by denon.

it is the fact that they don't tear apart my eardrum with their intense treble or forward mids that do not belong in iem. i love the atrio far above um2 and e500 and for the most part, above the er4s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back