Q Cable Impressions Thread
Jul 25, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #407 of 555
My terrazzo plug is very light. With that plus the French silk (with no microphonics and great flexibility), I have no complaints. The fact that the cable doesn't twist at the Y split unless I want it to is also huge for me.

Jul 28, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #409 of 555
Does using the XLR-1/4" adapter add substantial weight at the end of the cable? I'm just thinking about whether the downward pull would be too much if the cable is hanging straight off the table.
Cheers

Jul 28, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #410 of 555
A male/female 4 pin XLR pair weighs in at just under 3 ounces. Not terribly heavy but certainly would put added stress on the 1/4" plug/jack.

What they mostly are is clunky. A sizable piece of metal just looking for something to bang into and scratch/chip/dent. Another reason I have no love for "balanced." It leads to abominations like 4 pin XLR (or much worse, dual 3 pin) to 1/4" adapters.

se

Jul 29, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #411 of 555
3  to 1.6  including the mini XLR  is a good improvement
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 16, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #414 of 555
I just have to give a shout out to Steve Eddy (owner of Q cable) for an awesome job on his cables!  I just received a Q cable today with additional adapters to use my HD800 and of course my LCD-3 and wow I am loving these cables.  Looks so beautiful and the build quality is hands down amazing!  Love it!  I was a skeptic at first but sonically I feel there is an improvement but the quality, lightness, and reduced micro phonics is simply worth the upgrade.  I definitely gives it two thumbs up and highly recommend to anyone who want to upgrade there stock cable.  These cables are so much lighter than my stock cable and looks a million times nicer!  Thank Steve for such great service and product!  
gs1000.gif
Listening to my LCD-3 with Q cable and Bryston BHA-1 as we speak. 

Aug 23, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #416 of 555
I got my Q Cable a bit ago and I've been too busy enjoying them. Steve got them to me in just a few days and he even double checked with me about the Terrazo plugs, which I had mis-ordered.

The cable looks and feels great. Most importantly, though, it sounds great. It doesn't change the signature sound of my LCD 2's, but just makes things sound more effortless.

I never wanted to get third party cables before, because they always added weight or bulkiness or change the sound, etc. These Q Cables are great, though. I'm glad I took a chance on them.

Aug 23, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #418 of 555
Steve really makes a great cable!  As long as you keep him fed and watered, take him out for exercise every now and then, and put fresh papers on the bottom of his cage, he'll continue to produce these awe-inspiring products! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Firm tongue-in-cheek from an old fan-boy! 
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

PS - Yes, that's his cable in my avatar... 
biggrin.gif

Aug 23, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #419 of 555
Steve really makes a great cable!  As long as you keep him fed and watered, take him out for exercise every now and then, and put fresh papers on the bottom of his cage, he'll continue to produce these awe-inspiring products! :veryevil:

You forgot mochas. Mochas are the fuel that keeps the production line running. :D

Thank you for the kind words, guys!

@kphfrail, your cable should be shipping this coming week. The Man in Brown dropped off some beautiful dark blue braid just yesterday. Waiting for a shipment of litz wire that should arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday.

se

Users who are viewing this thread

Back