PX100/200 will be in Australia in time for Christmas
Dec 2, 2002 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

stymie miasma

500+ Head-Fier
For those of us in Australia:

I made an enquiry with the Australian distributor for Sennheiser regarding PX100/200 availability. They are expecting both models in stores in time for Christmas. The will be available from JB HiFi in Melbourne, but I am not sure about other areas. I neglected to ask about pricing - ooops
rolleyes.gif

http://www.syntec.com.au are the Australian distributors for Sennheiser.

Dec 2, 2002 at 8:49 AM Post #4 of 7
Heheh, I remember buying my first phones in that JB-HiFi on Elizabeth St, stymie... They were a pair of Senn HD490 Live, which - believe it or not - were purchased under the influence of alcohol at the pub around the corner
evil_smiley.gif

I had always wanted a pair of "cool looking" headphones to replace my crappy earbuds at the time, and after taking them home, i found headroom's website and.... THIS FORUM. Needless to say those 490's went straight back in exhange for $150 credit in CD's and in came the SR60's.

Sigh..... those were the days.
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

By the way, stymie, did you get your Grados from Audiophile on Brunswick st?

Dec 3, 2002 at 4:47 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Ptrick
Heheh, I remember buying my first phones in that JB-HiFi on Elizabeth St, stymie... They were a pair of Senn HD490 Live, which - believe it or not - were purchased under the influence of alcohol at the pub around the corner
evil_smiley.gif

I had always wanted a pair of "cool looking" headphones to replace my crappy earbuds at the time, and after taking them home, i found headroom's website and.... THIS FORUM. Needless to say those 490's went straight back in exhange for $150 credit in CD's and in came the SR60's.

Sigh..... those were the days.
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

By the way, stymie, did you get your Grados from Audiophile on Brunswick st?

Hey, cool story Ptrick. I have bought a couple of headphones from JB in Elizabeth Street, Senn MX400 and some Sony MDR-W08 (vertical in the ear 'phones). The MX400s kept falling out of my ears (my brother now uses them) and the W08s are ...well...convenient
tongue.gif

As for my Grados, I actually purchased them from a fellow Head-Fi'er who also lives in Melbourne. I believe he is currently enjoying listening to tunes through his AT W2002s
biggrin.gif
I did however audition both the SR60 and SR80 extensively at Audiophile. Speaking of which, have you ever had a listen to the Amber Pro headphones they sometimes have in there? Like the Allesandro MS2s, they are a tweaked SR325, but that's about all I know about them.

Dec 3, 2002 at 11:50 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by bioxeed
d'oh! go back and ask about price
tongue.gif

I did just that...
wink.gif

PX-100 AUS$99.95
PX-200 AUS$129.95
PX-250 AUS$399.95

Those are the RRPs, and I am told the headphones are actually now in the country. We should see the in stores within the next couple of weeks
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2002 at 11:34 AM Post #7 of 7
Hey there stymie,

Funny you should mention the Ambers, because when I bought my SR60s, Audiphile's store bag had what looked exactly like grados but with the brand Amber on them. Of course I tried to look up any info on them, on the net and here on head-fi but to no luck! They sound like they're quite cool... so I would definitely be interested in checking them out, man.

As for JB on Lizzy, I went in their last week to buy some cds and I noticed that they no longer had the Senn HD600s on display anymore. Either sold it or no longer stock, dunno?
confused.gif

But I saw Sony F1s for the first time... and I must admit they look pretty cool aesthetically. As for how they sound? Dunno... JB does NOT allow refunds for their phones, which I think is unfair. They should at least have a listening station for customers, especially when they're selling high-end phones like the good Sennies.

Cheers dude.
Pat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back