purchasing used gear on here.
Nov 6, 2017 at 5:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Ekul61

500+ Head-Fier
Looking into buying used gear listed in this forum. Are most of these transactions done via paypal? as I don't have a account. Do I need paypal account for a purchase?
Thx

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 17
Almost everyone is using paypal for transactions, but I think if you make a bank transfer to the guy selling you, they will not have problems with that, but the best is ask the person if they accept that.

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #4 of 17
PayPal is the easiest and safest way to pay IMO. Everybody accept it for the most part also

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #5 of 17
That is not to hard, i think, unlesse you don't have a bank account or a credit card, otherwise is easy, just put a mail, a password and your living address. And it's a lot easier to make deals and a lot safe for you, if you buying.

Nov 6, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #6 of 17
It's better to get a PayPal account (which is very simple to set up), but if you have the seller send you a PayPal money request (not to be confused with an invoice), you can use a credit/debit card to pay via PayPal without having to create a PayPal account. (At least that's how it was last time I checked.)

Nov 6, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #7 of 17
You need to register a Paypal account, then register your card with the account to make payments via Paypal from a card.
You can also NOT register a card with the account, then transfer money from your banking account to Paypal, and leave as funds in your Paypal account.
Then you pay directly with Paypal funds when you pay.
It is like having an Internet wallet.
You pay for Paypal services through the current conversion, where they add a percentage to the ordinary currency value when you move money into Paypal.
Nothing is ever free!
Also fees, read the Paypal instructions.
Paypal is safe, there is no way anyone can take money from your Paypal account unless they know your ID and password.
So you need to take care and not give that away!
Paying on the Internet with a Credit Card does also have some protection, they can withdraw a transaction if you dispute it.
Paying with a Visa card is not safe protected, and is not advised if you are doing business with someone you do not know.
Also if you use cards, CC or Visa card, on the Internet, you have to give card details away during the transaction, and this can be used by bad people who sell this info on.
Using banking transactions is not advised, there is no protection!
Also using Paypal gift option to pay to people or companies is not advised; also no protection!

Nov 6, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #10 of 17
As I covered, you don't have to create a PayPal account. Here's an example.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/account-optional

Read first what you link to!!

"...*This feature is available to Premier and Business account holders only...."

So this is an option for sellers with Premium or Business account, making it possible for a buyer to pay with his card, even without registering for a Paypal account.
How many sellers here in HeadFi do you think have a Premium or Business account?
Especially selling used stuff?

Nov 6, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #11 of 17
So much debate over a simple PayPal account!

1) Visit PayPal website
2) Make an account
3) Done

There we go!

Nov 6, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #12 of 17
Read first what you link to!!

"...*This feature is available to Premier and Business account holders only...."

So this is an option for sellers with Premium or Business account, making it possible for a buyer to pay with his card, even without registering for a Paypal account.
How many sellers here in HeadFi do you think have a Premium or Business account?
Especially selling used stuff?

It was an example. In my experience, anyone with a PayPal account can send a money request email or link, and anyone with a card can use the option to pay with a card without having to create a PayPal account.

Nov 7, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #15 of 17
No, it was an example of one way to do it. I know there are other ways because I have done them myself, as both a buyer and seller.

So you are paying for a Premium or Business account in Paypal?
Do you really think the thread starter in this thread is going to do that?
He is probably not doing projects making USD 50 000 each!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back