Purchasing KSC-35 from Koss.com
Oct 1, 2003 at 1:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

PeterDLai

Headphoneus Supremus
I ordered the KSC-35 headphones from Koss directly from their website, and I'm wondering if they're supposed to notify me if the package shipped, and if they'll provide me with a tracking number, etc.

I already received one e-mail from them, but that was just the confirmation. Does anyone remember if they send any more notifications? Or does the package just arrive?
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!

Oct 1, 2003 at 6:21 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by Nights_85
are the 35's all that good? I mean what would u compare them to in terms of sound quality....?

OT, but I'll give a quick response here.
I am very impressed with the sound quality of these headphones. If you do a search there's a great deal of praise for the ksc-35s. I remember casually listening to them along side of my friend's Sony v6 . I remember found them similar in terms of sound quality (though i think hte v6 had an edge).

I also had a chance to listen to my brother's portapros. I thought the Portapros didn't sound as good, with greater bass, but that could be that they had more bass than my other phones. (My primary phones are AKG K501s)

Finally, the KSC-35s are often compared to px200, 100, portapros, etc. From what I gather the sound quality is about the same, and which phone is prefered depends on the user, source, and where/how the phone will be used (ksc35 is pretty open, and clips on, not the best for people who can't stand clip on phones, and ride the subway).

I would say if you don't have a problem with clip ons, and with fairly open phones, you will not be disappointed with the 35's for a $30 price tag. I hope to a/b them with my PX200s, when I recieve them on wednesday.

TA

Oct 1, 2003 at 5:18 PM Post #6 of 9
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Nights_85
are the 35's all that good? I mean what would u compare them to in terms of sound quality....?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO...they are that good and the price is right.

I wonder how long they will still be available?

Oct 2, 2003 at 8:09 AM Post #8 of 9
Yesterday, at Waterloo Records in Austin, TX, I was really really surprised to see them sell at the store! They came in the hard plastic packaging. Waterloo also sold a BUNCH of other Koss headphones. Anyways, they just established themselves as my favorite headphones again. (anybody wanna buy px100?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back