Pulled the trigger on new Grado RS-1
Jul 30, 2005 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

drp

500+ Head-Fier
At the moment, running them from the headphone out of my Apogee Mini-DAC (optical to PCDP source). The Mini creates an incredible synergy with these cans; one of the best minimalist rigs (IMO). I'm not finding them to be at all fatiguing or bright. Still adjusting the band and such but finding them to be relatively comfortable too.

They still have that new Grado smell and that need to play and play, but even new, the detail, transparency, and wow factor reminds me of the HD650 XLR'd to a DAC1, but with a more balanced (to my ears) midrange. So far so killer.

Jul 30, 2005 at 4:40 AM Post #4 of 8
At times I've thought about selling my RS-1, but each time I couldn't bring myself to do it. I really love this headphone. It sound great, it's so light that I love wearing it, and IMHO it looks great. I'm sure that you'll enjoy it for a long long time.

Jul 30, 2005 at 1:21 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk
Congratulations, when are you ordering your PS1s?

Oh, I plan to call the vendor on Monday and ask if I can trade up . . . haha. Actually, after reading the most recent PS-1 RS-1 comparison thread, I must type that my wallet quivered a bit. They must be truly amazing.

SP - you have PM. They are truly light and easy to wear; I hope to hang onto them for a good long while.

Yup, Mini-DACs (with USB) are in the 1k range. There is a used non-usb version from a reliable member on the boards. Look at: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=129301

Jul 30, 2005 at 8:43 PM Post #7 of 8
Congrads, drp. I have to tell you the RS-1 is very high on my future to-buy-again list. IMHO, one of the best Grado for female vocals.

Overlunge

Jul 31, 2005 at 1:31 AM Post #8 of 8
Congrats DRP. Without even hearing yoursetup I guesstimate it will be wonderful and rich sounding.

The apogee is warm when compared to the Benchmark dac1. And given the Rs-1's sweet and rich midrange it should prove a very nice setup.

You look like part of the warm and fuzzy gang...
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back