Pull the trigger on HiFiMan RE262 IEM ~ Audio Newbie!
Dec 22, 2011 at 4:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

noktekniq

New Head-Fier
Hey,

Just wanted to throw it out there that I pulled a trigger on a set of RE262 IEMs.
This is my first time getting such expensive headphones and hope to enjoy them for a year or two before going deeper into sound and audio quality.

So, I've heard that the RE262 have a whole new life when plugged into a portable amp. How would a Fiio E7 paired with LOD (to ipod) compared to just stock RE262? Is it worth getting the first time around for newbie audiophile like me? Also, I've heard that AUX line out from cellphone to amp would cause audio quality to degrade?

I've been reading that burning in headphones change the sound texture. Any recommendations in burning in the headphones? Is there a correct way or wrong way of doing so?

Thanks for your help. Btw, quick shoutout to everyone here. A lot of useful information!

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #2 of 4
You can use noise (white, pink,...) to burn-in your RE262. A little above normal listening volume. You can also use your favorite music.
The RE262 opens up with an amp, sounds more transparant and really comes alive with an amp.

Dec 22, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
You can use noise (white, pink,...) to burn-in your RE262. A little above normal listening volume. You can also use your favorite music.
The RE262 opens up with an amp, sounds more transparant and really comes alive with an amp.

Hey s0lar,

Thanks for you reply. I guess I can just plug in my headphones and let my ipod shuffle through music for a night or two..

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Hey s0lar,

Thanks for you reply. I guess I can just plug in my headphones and let my ipod shuffle through music for a night or two..

That will work. Try to turn the music off a few minutes every couple of hours if you let it play all day. On the computer I add files with silence to the playlist. If you let it burn-in only in the night-time, you don't have to worry.

Have you received the IEM yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back