PSP Protection
Apr 4, 2005 at 2:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pspivak

500+ Head-Fier
If you are like me the screen on my PSP is something that I want to protect. I tried one of those plastic stick-on things but I couldn't solve the bubble problem. At Target today I found a cool thing. It is a hinged cover that connects by by two thumb screws on either side of the USB port. Sony set up those two screw holes for just this purpose. The cover is shiny black plastic, fits the device perfectly, and padded on the inside for protection of the screen. It still fits in the soft case that it comes with (with a little extra effort required to get it in. The thing has hold position at 90 and 180 degrees. Forget those plastic doohickeys! This is the Cadillac way to go!

Apr 4, 2005 at 3:40 AM Post #3 of 6
Guru,

Look at your PSP, On the top edge on either side of the USB port are two threaded holes; one between the IR port and the USB, the other between the USB port and the UMD access door lever. That is where the thumb screws attach (finger tight).

Let me know if you want a picture

Apr 4, 2005 at 6:42 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
www.martinfields.com

Best screen overlays hands down.

A bit pricey, pain in the @ss to install, but well worth it.

-Ed

Ditto. I ordered the 2-pack and it arrived in a few days. The website has a video that shows you how to install and maintain the overlay (for a PDA) using tape and a credit card.

Apr 4, 2005 at 6:46 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by pspivak
Guru,

Look at your PSP, On the top edge on either side of the USB port are two threaded holes; one between the IR port and the USB, the other between the USB port and the UMD access door lever. That is where the thumb screws attach (finger tight).

Let me know if you want a picture

Oh wow...I understand now
wink.gif

Sounds good...can i still have that picture
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back