PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset...
Apr 19, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #290 of 411
One last question.  So I have the Sennheiser G4me One.  The Wireless mixamp comes with the Y adapter.  Should I still buy the Sennheiser Y adapter, will it be a better fit or make my headphones sound better?  Also, one more time, even with the PS3 chat cable with the wireless mixamp, I still need to buy the Turtle beach cable?

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #291 of 411
  One last question.  So I have the Sennheiser G4me One.  The Wireless mixamp comes with the Y adapter.  Should I still buy the Sennheiser Y adapter, will it be a better fit or make my headphones sound better?  Also, one more time, even with the PS3 chat cable with the wireless mixamp, I still need to buy the Turtle beach cable?

I'm confused about the prior response you got because my  understanding is that if you have the ps3/4 astro chat cable which is a 3.5 to usb propriety cable and very difficult to find, then you are good to go for chat on both ps3 and ps4. It should not be a problem.

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #292 of 411

I'm confused about the prior response you got because my  understanding is that if you have the ps3/4 astro chat cable which is a 3.5 to usb propriety cable and very difficult to find, then you are good to go for chat on both ps3 and ps4. It should not be a problem.
OK thanks. I will find out n Thursday when it arrives.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #293 of 411

The reason you need the TB PS4 chat cable is because the chat voice volume is really low when you use the 3.5mm to USB cable.

Apr 19, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #294 of 411

I have the 3.5mm to USB cable and when I used it with my PS4 the volume was too low could barely hear others when chatting and playing online.

I will unsubscribe from this thread as I ended up using the Sony Gold headset and it works great.

Apr 19, 2014 at 5:32 PM Post #295 of 411

I have the 3.5mm to USB cable and when I used it with my PS4 the volume was too low could barely hear others when chatting and playing online.

I will unsubscribe from this thread as I ended up using the Sony Gold headset and it works great.
Thanks. I had the Gold headphones and returned them. Positioning isn't too good especially when there is any gunfire or explosions, gets real muddy.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #296 of 411
So here's a picture of the Turtle Beach Device

And here's a picture of my new decoder box that fixed the low sound/cracking noise problems of my existing analog headset.

Had to buy it from e-bay because you can't only buy the decoder box. Still waiting for the turtle beach device trying to fix the voice chat problem.

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #297 of 411
Hi
I have read all the issue about using 3.5 mm x 2 for PS4 (the mic not working with Y connector and will be working if using mixamp). What I want to ask, how to connect it with somehow, with more effective? I'm still saving my money for PS4 honestly, but I kinda afraid my headset won't work (my headset is Logitech G230). As long as the sound & mic work well (I don't really care about the surround thing) what should I prepare? Sorry for bad english.

Apr 21, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #298 of 411
Hi
I have read all the issue about using 3.5 mm x 2 for PS4 (the mic not working with Y connector and will be working if using mixamp). What I want to ask, how to connect it with somehow, with more effective? I'm still saving my money for PS4 honestly, but I kinda afraid my headset won't work (my headset is Logitech G230). As long as the sound & mic work well (I don't really care about the surround thing) what should I prepare? Sorry for bad english.

If you don't need surround sound you only need a usb sound card.

It converts the analog sound into digital sound.

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #299 of 411
Sony released the 1.7 firmware today. I can confirm that none of our voice chat problem has been fixed. One thing I think changed is If your headset is connected via optical and you try to get the voice chat runnin by usb you still keep the sound from the optical instead of changing to usb sound.

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #300 of 411
  Sony released the 1.7 firmware today. I can confirm that none of our voice chat problem has been fixed. One thing I think changed is If your headset is connected via optical and you try to get the voice chat runnin by usb you still keep the sound from the optical instead of changing to usb sound.

that's always been the case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back