PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset...
Nov 25, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #16 of 411
I'm considering something here.

For those of us with a Mixamp hooked up to the PS4's optical out, and using the mic off the PS4 controller... can we simply use a Y adapter, attached to the controller, with one end having the mic, and the other end having a 3.5mm cable that will go to the Mixamp's MP3 input? That way, we get chat audio directly to the Mixamp's signal..

As we know, the MP3 input on the Mixamp is independent of the standard audio signal that it's processing. the volume would have to be controlled by whatever is sending that signal (usually an mp3 player). Well, the PS4 has the option to adjust chat volume, as well as JUST send chat audio through the PS4 controller's audio out...

Well? I guess i better test it out...

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #17 of 411
Let me know how this turns out MLE. I am tired of telling Vertigo on the Astro forums that he is simply wrong.

There is a problem with 2011 mixamps and He seems to think I am crazy.

Also do you have a 2011 or 2013? I can't remember.

Nov 26, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #19 of 411
I am wondering if moving the usb to another power source then using the xbox live port on the mixamp to the controller port might work but I don't have a 3.5mm 4 pole to 2.5mm. Turtle Beach sells what they call a talkback cable for the ps4 but they don't deliver to Canada or I would have bought it by now.
Also reading the Astro forums is crazy. A ton of A50 owners and 2013 owners had the same problem firmware came out and boom problem solved. Even though Vertigo has the nerve to tell me that the firmware had nothing to do with it. Then the 5.8 owners that didn't buy an OPTIONAL PS3 chat cable have been supremely screwed as Astro quit offering the chat cable in July.

I am seriously thinking of moving to wireless from Turtle Beach or SkullCandy in the spring I am so annoyed by Astros support page with owners having to do all the work to find fixes. Also I am sick of tripping over cables lol.

Nov 26, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #20 of 411
I am also struggling with this chat problem, I own the 5.8 wireless MixAmp and when connected like it should via optical and USB for the chat the voices are too low. I can't barely hear anyone and I don't think they can hear me either.

I ordered this cable PlayStation® 4 Chat Cable

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/cables-parts/ps4-chat-cable/464

I should get it by Friday this week, will keep everyone posted.

Dec 2, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #24 of 411
Quesrion, if i understand correctly, if i have one of those creative usb sound cards, can i plug it into the ps4 and plug in the pc360 or pc 363d, and get both game audi and chat?

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #25 of 411
For those using the Astro MixAmp wired or wireless, I found the solution for the chat.

I ordered this cable this cable and connected it to the RX and the 3.5mm end to the PS4 controller and tested it with my son while playing BF4 and also a party chat and this is a success. Works perfectly, the volume is LOUD as good as when I was using the wireless 5.8 Mixamp with my Xbox 360.

I am glad that this chat problem is resolved and I only had to spend $6.95 on the cable because shipping was free with Amazon Prime.

Thanks all and I hope this helps all the MixAmp Pro and 5.8 wireless MixAmp owners out there.

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:39 PM Post #26 of 411
  For those using the Astro MixAmp wired or wireless, I found the solution for the chat.

I ordered this cable this cable and connected it to the RX and the 3.5mm end to the PS4 controller and tested it with my son while playing BF4 and also a party chat and this is a success. Works perfectly, the volume is LOUD as good as when I was using the wireless 5.8 Mixamp with my Xbox 360.

I am glad that this chat problem is resolved and I only had to spend $6.95 on the cable because shipping was free with Amazon Prime.

Thanks all and I hope this helps all the MixAmp Pro and 5.8 wireless MixAmp owners out there.

I really really need to get this cable, but I can't because I'm Canadian and it won't ship to Canada.
Astro REFUSES to admit anything is wrong. Support even told a 2010/11 owner that his mixamp must be broken yet it works on every other console. Another poster found that if he removed the USB cable from the PS4 he could hear chat clearly. I might try that tonight by plugging my USB into my TV.
Reading the astro forums and seeing the amount of issue you would think that the A50/A40 is the worst headset ever developed. I know support forums are depressing places though. 

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #27 of 411
The USB solution is awful, I don't think anyone is really able to get a satisfying chat experience with that.

I heard there's services that you can use to order stuff to the border of Canada and USA, maybe that's a good option for you?

Dec 3, 2013 at 4:44 AM Post #28 of 411
So I caved in and with the last of my gift card money for selling some games on Amazon, I bought a new Mixamp 5.8 (I can't believe these are still around), Turtle Beach PS4 chat cable (through Turtle Beach, and works with the 5.8 coincidentally), and an RX battery pack on Ebay (through Bill me Later).
Sick of running wires all over the place...

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #29 of 411
So I caved in and with the last of my gift card money for selling some games on Amazon, I bought a new Mixamp 5.8 (I can't believe these are still around), Turtle Beach PS4 chat cable (through Turtle Beach, and works with the 5.8 coincidentally), and an RX battery pack on Ebay (through Bill me Later).
Sick of running wires all over the place...

Please keep us posted on the results, for me it works perfectly. I cannot find a single flaw when used that god sent TurtleBeach cable.

Dec 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #30 of 411
cmarti, considering you have the mic plugged into the controller...I was having problems doing that with the Mixamp Pro, since if I use the Mixamp for my headphones, and mic to the PS4 controller, I can't hear people talk to me. What are your sound settings?

I assume:

PS4 - Optical out - Mixamp 5.8 TX unit
PS4 controller - TB chat cable - RX unit
Headphones connected to the RX unit

PS4 settings to what?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back