PS4 with 3.5mm x2 Type Headset...
Mar 17, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #242 of 411
I've told Sony repeatedly and have also said this a few times on MLE's thread: bluetooth support for most (if not all) devices will fix everything, which was precisely what the PS3 did.

On the PS3, all I had was a clip-on bluetooth mic/headset and just a single cable from my headphone to the amp. It was simple, it worked very well and there were no niggling issues. But instead the backwater PS4 couldn't do this, for whatever bloody reason. I've e-mailed a few of my contacts over at Sony about this and really, there's nothing they can do at the moment due to the plate being full with other more "important" features that will be introduced in their firmware roadmap.

Basically, we're SOL until Sony says so.

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #247 of 411
I recieved the BoomPro Mic and it appears it does not fit with my 2.5mm AKG K545s, is there any small adapter for this or will I have to purchase a different mic?

Amazon, type in 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter. See if it works.

Mar 22, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #249 of 411
I have a question about the mixamp set up. I didn't want to start a new thread given that this seems to be the right audience, though it is somewhat off topic.
I was just wondering if I should be running the mixamp through my onkyo receiver? Would my receiver be acting as am amp in that scenario? I was originally planning on going from the PS directly to the mixamp and then to the headphones (DT 770 80's is what I plan to purchase). 

Mar 22, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #250 of 411
  I have a question about the mixamp set up. I didn't want to start a new thread given that this seems to be the right audience, though it is somewhat off topic.
I was just wondering if I should be running the mixamp through my onkyo receiver? Would my receiver be acting as am amp in that scenario? I was originally planning on going from the PS directly to the mixamp and then to the headphones (DT 770 80's is what I plan to purchase). 

It could probably work. Do you mean as in running a 3.5mm - RCA cable from the Mixamp to the Receiver, then plugging the headphones into the receiver?

Since the signal coming OUT of the Mixamp is already processed with Dolby Headphone, the receiver should simply pass it through as analog stereo..

Give it a shot! All you really need is that 3.5-RCA cable.

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #251 of 411

It could probably work. Do you mean as in running a 3.5mm - RCA cable from the Mixamp to the Receiver, then plugging the headphones into the receiver?

Since the signal coming OUT of the Mixamp is already processed with Dolby Headphone, the receiver should simply pass it through as analog stereo..

Give it a shot! All you really need is that 3.5-RCA cable.

I do have a 3.5 to RCA laying around, but I was thinking optical out of Ps3/4 to optical in on the mixamp then out of mixamp and into the receiver. I have no idea how to actually make that all work when my receiver currently receives the audio and video for both the ps3 and ps4 via hdmi input (separate hdmi inputs for each console). 
I'm also wondering how big of a pita it would be to switch the mixamp from ps3 to ps4 in this scenario, which I do often.
I'm wondering if it worked would the sound quality of the onkyo be better than getting something like an e11 and running the mixamp into that. If not, maybe the ease of the set up would be worth the extra $ for a little portable amp.

Audio is complicated!

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #252 of 411
  I do have a 3.5 to RCA laying around, but I was thinking optical out of Ps3/4 to optical in on the mixamp then out of mixamp and into the receiver. I have no idea how to actually make that all work when my receiver currently receives the audio and video for both the ps3 and ps4 via hdmi input (separate hdmi inputs for each console). 
I'm also wondering how big of a pita it would be to switch the mixamp from ps3 to ps4 in this scenario, which I do often.
I'm wondering if it worked would the sound quality of the onkyo be better than getting something like an e11 and running the mixamp into that. If not, maybe the ease of the set up would be worth the extra $ for a little portable amp.

Audio is complicated!

That setup wont work. The optical out on the Mixamp is just a pass-through meaning it will not deliver Dolby Headphone to your receiver.

That being said, the headphone out on your receiver MAY be more powerful than the output on the Mixamp. My guess is you probably wont hear a huge difference, but If you want to try it, you will have to use the 3.5-RCA cable. You would also have to select that RCA input with your receiver.

Audio isnt really that hard once you can visualize the "flow" of everything.

Mar 22, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #253 of 411
  That setup wont work. The optocal out on the Mixamp is just a pass-through meaning it will not deliver Dolby Headphone to your receiver.

That being said, the headphone out on your receiver MAY be more powerful than the output on the Mixamp. My guess is you probably wont hear a huge difference, but If you want to try it, you will have to use the 3.5-RCA cable. You would also have to select that RCA input with your receiver.

Audio isnt really that hard once you can visualize the "flow" of everything.

Thank you.
So I will ask a dumb question now, given this info.. why would anyone want to pass the mixamp through a reciever? I mean why is that even an option on the mixamp? It seems doing so defeats the purpose of the mixamp?

With this info I am thinking maybe I will actually just get a separate amp for the mixamp. Do you have any opinion on something like the e11?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back