PS320 or MS300
Jul 16, 2010 at 11:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Fierce1979

New Head-Fier
Hi guys

First post, go easy! Apologies if this is in the wrong section

I've been scouring this wonderful forum for idea's as to which closed back, on ear phones to buy

I have a strict budget of $200 and from what I can gather, the PS320 or MS300 seem to fit my needs exactly

My question, and I promise I've tried to read everything possible on the subject, is what is/are the differences between the 2 models?

I am not an expert on the subject by any means, but as far as I can tell the main difference is the dual drivers on the PS320, and the styling on the MS300

Is this correct? Anything else I should be aware of?

I said I wasn't an expert..............So could I ask what the benefits of dual drivers as opposed to single are please?

Thanks in advance

Jul 19, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #2 of 3
Hi There Fierce1979!

Thanks for stopping by the Phiaton forum. If you are seeking the advice of the public you may want to post in one of the general forums. Quite a few users have reviewed both units on this forum. If you haven't already checked those out you should.

I can however tell you what situations I listen to each model and why...but other than that I'd just sound biased :wink:

I prefer the PS 320's when listening to Jazz and Classical and perhaps some Rock because I feel the clarity in the high frequencies is amazing and I really like the detail.

For the other music I like such as Hip Hop and Alternative I lean toward the MS 300s for their balanced sound and slightly stronger bass reproduction.

Luckily for me I have the luxury to listen to both but if you don't I'd take into consideration what you like listening to and gauge that against the reviewers opinions on the types of sound signatures they create.

Good luck!

Akio
Phiaton Team

Jul 21, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #3 of 3
Hey Akio

Thanks very much for this, most helpful

Wish I could sample both as you said, alas I shall just take the plunge

I don't think I'm young nor cool enough to pull off the red headband thing, and I mainly listen to punk rock type music, so it's the PS320's I think

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back