PS1000 Impressions Thread
Feb 29, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #2,791 of 3,605

It should be obvious by now how much to drink I've had.

One does not nececelery have to drink, not to make nonsense, trust me, nonsense is my middle name!
blink.gif
  Don't believe me?, go ask the Canadian Health Ministry what my latest invention's chances for approval, are. 

Let's just say that the Montréal Canadians probably have a better shot at winning the Stanley cup, than my H.B.I. ''Helium Breast Implants'' have, of making it to production. 
redface.gif

Oh! well, maybe my male version will pick up, and take off, but for now, the patent is pending!
wink.gif

Feb 29, 2016 at 8:05 PM Post #2,792 of 3,605

Let's just say that the Montréal Canadians probably have a better shot at winning the Stanley cup, than my H.B.I. ''Helium Breast Implants'' have, of making it to production. 
redface.gif

Oh! well, maybe my male version will pick up, and take off, but for now, the patent is pending!
wink.gif

Helium breast implants!!!! BWAAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Bloody brilliant, mate...

Mar 1, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #2,795 of 3,605
Mar 4, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #2,796 of 3,605
So I decided to try the tape mod for the very first time ever with any Grado I own on my PS1Ke for the last 2hrs. The mod definitely gave the overall bass more presence but cluttered the separation/sound-stage a bit and also to lose their sparkle/detail. In the end they didn't sound bad…at all. I'm going to listen to them without the mod for the next couple of hours and tomorrow I'll start off with the mod again and keep switching back and forth for while to hear which I prefer. It would be nice if other (e) owners would try this and give their impressions as well being it is a simple and totally reversible mod!

Thanks.
smile.gif

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #2,798 of 3,605
Hi Guys. I just got myself some NOS PS1000.

They sound great except a bit rattle on the left channel with some bass tracks. Should I be concerned or would it resolve itself with burn in? I have about 30 hrs at the moment and it seems to be improving.

I have been living with a HD800 and a Lcd x for the past year. The Grado is definitely a more musical headphone.

Mar 7, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #2,799 of 3,605
Hi Guys. I just got myself some NOS PS1000.

They sound great except a bit rattle on the left channel with some bass tracks. Should I be concerned or would it resolve itself with burn in? I have about 30 hrs at the moment and it seems to be improving.

I have been living with a HD800 and a Lcd x for the past year. The Grado is definitely a more musical headphone.

do you have long-ish hair? because i have that rattle when my hair gets inside of the driver.

oh! almost forgot to congratulate you on these fantastic headphones. i've heard a lot of flagship fullsize headphones, and wouldn't trade them for my PS1000.

Mar 8, 2016 at 7:07 PM Post #2,802 of 3,605
Before evey listening session, I tilt my earcups downward and I give them to gentle blows.

I also pinch my nose, and gently blow, and I can often hear a crackling sound, in one, and sometimes both ears, and I seem to be able to hear better afterward.

Mar 10, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #2,803 of 3,605
I forget who mentioned (and couldn't find the post) that they had 2-300hrs on their PS1Ke and the bass/mid-bass hadn't filled out like the PS1K (or something to that effect) but my PS1Ke is filling out tremendously in this area…no kidding, and I'm probably only about 120hrs +/-. I'm very surprised now at how much this area is sounding like the PS1K which is what I preferred more compared to the (e) but preferred the percussion of the (e) more. Now I finding I'm getting closer to the best of both series!
beerchug.gif

Mar 10, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #2,804 of 3,605
  I forget who mentioned (and couldn't find the post) that they had 2-300hrs on their PS1Ke and the bass/mid-bass hadn't filled out like the PS1K (or something to that effect) but my PS1Ke is filling out tremendously in this area…no kidding, and I'm probably only about 120hrs +/-. I'm very surprised now at how much this area is sounding like the PS1K which is what I preferred more compared to the (e) but preferred the percussion of the (e) more. Now I finding I'm getting closer to the best of both series!
beerchug.gif

Mine sounded pretty awesome after a week.  Maybe it was a return.  lol

Mar 10, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #2,805 of 3,605
  Mine sounded pretty awesome after a week.  Maybe it was a return.  lol

beerchug.gif

I should have said that the bass/mid-bass is filling out tremendously without pouring into the mid/high frequencies like the PS1K had the tendency to do sometimes. I'm hearing micro details with the (e) that I didn't hear on tracks I've heard a million times that I would hear with my RS1i but not my PS1K. Now with the bass/mid-bass filling out their just more and more awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back