PS Audio GCHA vs. Nuforce HDP better choice for Sennheiser 650/580 ?
Jan 20, 2011 at 12:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dfong87

Head-Fier
hi all,

i was wondering if anyone compared these amps, head to head. i'm looking for something to use at work with my Sennheiser 580s (although i may bring my 650s in since they are seeing next to zero usage at home) at work, taking data via USB from my Mac Pro.

which would be a better choice in Amp/DAC combo for this application?

both are comparably priced and seemingly well liked on this forum (i have done my best to scour the previous posts)...

i know sound is personal, but i also wanted to hear about practical ramifications (including ease of use of USB data output (i've never done this before...i've previously just played lossless analog output from my old ipod to the Sennheisers through an old headroom amp that died a while back) and quality of DACs sound -- i'll be going with Apple lossless files)

anyway, i'd appreciate any comments/experiences/suggestions. 

thanks, derek

Jan 20, 2011 at 12:43 PM Post #2 of 2
ps. it seems one advantage of the Nuforce is it's flexibility...i am still a diehard, massive collection of CDs and SACDs at home playing with my old Arcam Alpha 9 and SACD player on the speaker rig...but the Nuforce could serve double duty (or show me the value/possibility) as a DAC for my lossless collection served wireless with my airport express.

anyone using the Nuforce for such a thing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back