Ps audio direct stream dsd DAC
May 31, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #62 of 265
Heard the directstream today and it had a very good digital sound. Didnt sound much analog but still very very good. I walked in the room and it was like a breath of fresh air compare to all the other rooms. Room sounded better than some 30K -60k worth of equipment rooms and directstream was hooked up to a pair of 2k speakers..

The only other room that sounded better was using the Lampizators top dac which I think goes for 10k+.

May 31, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #63 of 265
May 31, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #65 of 265
It looks like you already know how well the DirectStream pairs with the SR-009 
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #66 of 265
itmis a really good DAC and exceptional for the money. As my MSB is better it only becomes apparent fatter red book resolution.
Al

Jun 7, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #67 of 265
I did a comparison of the direct stream and the Hugo. The DS was with a senn hdbd800 in amp mode with the hd800.
As the Hugo is on it's own with internal amp. The direct stream is much better with dsd. And PCM. As the difference is easy to pick out. The sd is real and the Hugo seems more like a Imattaerthatcthebreal thing. It has a simpler sound in comparison. Although the Hugo is very good at it's price and being portible as well.
Al

Jun 7, 2014 at 11:14 PM Post #68 of 265
Thanks for the comparison. I just placed the order for the DirectStream.

I heard the DS at the newport beach show. It was setup with a pair of emerald physics $2,000 speakers and I thought it was the second best room at the show. One of the guys in the room said he will definately be ordering the speakers because he was blown away by the sound. He was giggling like a little girl lol. I knew in my mind that it was the DS making the most difference not the speakers as much. If you listen to enough gears, most will agree although speakers do make a difference, components make just as much difference if not more on alot of occasions.

Anyway, ordered the DS today. Going to be paired up straight into the Job 225 Amp out to Evolution Acoustics MicroOnes.

P.S the only room better at the show was the Lampizator 7 room playing on a pair of $23,000 speakers.. a bit expensive but I thought I can listen to that sh1t all day long..

Anyway my DS should arrive soon. Will leave feedback on how it sounds on stereo setup once broken in.

Jun 11, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #69 of 265
saw someone advertised in audiogon for USD 5.5k, not sure if that includes the bridge ?

Jun 11, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #70 of 265
saw someone advertised in audiogon for USD 5.5k, not sure if that includes the bridge ?

Bridge is extra option. If it isn't listed then I doubt it comes with it.

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #72 of 265
  and if you want gapless, you won't get it from the Bridge...

I thought there was some complicated way to get lossless using foobar settings.  But it is annoying that bridge doesn't support gapless natively.  Holding off bridge until V2 is out.

Jun 12, 2014 at 1:16 AM Post #73 of 265
I bought one of the first PWDs off the line and was a beta tester for the Bridge. I eventually sold off my PWD and went to Linn because I was so tired of hearing Paul say that they'd have it fixed "next month"...frankly, based upon this mess, I don't purchase PS Audio products any more.  

Jun 12, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #74 of 265
Crashem what dac form os audio do you have ??

Jun 12, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #75 of 265
Crashem what dac form os audio do you have ??

Perfectwave. Waiting on my directstream kit. Should be this month.

Al, what are you using to switch between your gear or are you just switching cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back