Prove me wrong (Etymotic HF3)
Aug 8, 2012 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

EPICFAILXD

100+ Head-Fier
Ok guys so i'm going out on a limb here, and i'm going to save up and get my first audiophile IEM.... i read a lot of good reviews on the Etymotic hF3, and im thinking of getting them. Tell me why i should or shouldn't THANKS FOR ANY RESPONSES

Aug 9, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #6 of 15
my wallets gonna hurt lol im just a poor 13 yr old
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:
If you prefer detail, clarity and treble over warmth and bass, then the Ety would be a fine choice.

yup, i have a couple 'phones which sacrifices detail for warmth, time to try something new :D

Aug 27, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #9 of 15
Ok, i bit the bullet and purchased them. review coming soon!
But for now, here are my first impressions :D
(Tested with an iPod Nano 6th gen and iPod Touch 4th gen.)

-Damn, these things go in DEEP! That means the comfort isn't as good as, lets say, a RE0, but the isolation is heaps better.
-the fit and finish is first rate, as expected
-sound quality is stunning, so damn clear, so damn coherent, and oh-so balanced (i'll go into more detail in my review.)
-comes with 4 different pairs of tips (Glider, foamies, small and large tri-flanges), replacement filters (and the tool for replacing them), and some instructions. Nice case, too

things i didn't like:
-the deep fit takes some getting used to
-not everyone prefers neutrality and accuracy

OVERALL:

these things are, if i may say, ******* awesome. wait for the review!
L3000.gif

Aug 27, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #10 of 15
Good stuff. I love my HF5. The accuracy and precision make the headphone sound "intelligent." Definitely one of my favorite IEMs I've tried so far.

Aug 27, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:
my wallets gonna hurt lol im just a poor 13 yr old
biggrin.gif

Definitely the HF3 is the right choice for you.  Although it is not indestructable, it is very durable -- at nearly $300, you would want to pamper the ER4 to the point of almost not using it.

One suggestion that will be hard a for a 13-yr old.-- don't loan your HF3 out to your other 13-yr old friends!  They won't know how to take care of $125 earphones.

Bad news is that you will want to start saving your $$ to buy the ER4 in the next couple of year.  It will again redefine your meaning of coherence and clarity -- to use Radiohead, "Everything is in its right place" with the ER4.  But enjoy your HF3!

Aug 28, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Definitely the HF3 is the right choice for you.  Although it is not indestructable, it is very durable -- at nearly $300, you would want to pamper the ER4 to the point of almost not using it.

One suggestion that will be hard a for a 13-yr old.-- don't loan your HF3 out to your other 13-yr old friends!  They won't know how to take care of $125 earphones.

Bad news is that you will want to start saving your $$ to buy the ER4 in the next couple of year.  It will again redefine your meaning of coherence and clarity -- to use Radiohead, "Everything is in its right place" with the ER4.  But enjoy your HF3!

Ah Radiohead fan I see... Chances are you won't be looking for an ER4 right away after you have the HF5, but eventually as you go through different IEMs and Headphones, you will desire and crave for an ER4 if you like the Ety sound. Happened to me 4 times LOL... First MC5, then HF5, then ER6, then ER4S

EDIT: It's been a long day and I can't count... 3 times*

Aug 28, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Haa... most of my friends use $20 skullcandies and whatnot, they seem not to care much about audio quality xD contemplating my next purchase :DD

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Ah Radiohead fan I see... Chances are you won't be looking for an ER4 right away after you have the HF5, but eventually as you go through different IEMs and Headphones, you will desire and crave for an ER4 if you like the Ety sound. Happened to me 4 times LOL... First MC5, then HF5, then ER6, then ER4S

EDIT: It's been a long day and I can't count... 3 times*

I can attest to that. I've had my HF5 for a couple weeks and I'm already looking forward to the ER4 models because I love the Ety sound. Not that the HF5 isn't great, because it is. But if there's better, why not strive for that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back