Prototypes; Cables, Products, etc
Sep 1, 2009 at 5:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

SACD-Man

Formerly With Whiplash Audio
This thread is designed to show off my most recent stuff. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Plus your opinion is how I make better products!!

Ok, after a year of so many headfi'ers asking me to recable IEM's, I'm finally started to. I have been waiting for Saturn and Jupiter to align correctly I guess...

So, this is my UE 11pros recabled with CrypParts SCSCag CFDCT-UP-OCC-ag cryo's 99.9999% pure solid core wire. One word on the wire....incredible.

Wire details:
SCSCag Hook Up Wire - Bulk Hook Up Wire - DIY

Ok, the cable is not dressed and is exposed for look and feel. I may dress it up a bit. I used the AMAZING Viablue 3.5mm mini connector that certainly looks sharp. The length is about 48" which is on the short side. The Y splitter will be modified and it located about 3" under my chin...

Ok some photos:

3876374115_eaf8e3726c.jpg

More..

3876377027_176fed45dc.jpg

The nice looking and GREAT sounding Viablue 3.5mm mini

3877166918_8b3eb87d00.jpg

Ok the sound.....Only 1 hour burn in!!

Man what a difference. Immediately the soundstage opens up!! Crisp mids with a sense of richness that I find with my ATH-L3000 and other flagship cans. What is really interesting and this could start a debate on my bass comments.

With 2 low drivers on the 11 pro, at times they can become untamed. Some might call it "bass heads" while others just simply say, bass with a punch or slam, etc. This wire tames it so much better. It becomes part of the music and doesn't make it distracting. Very authoritative, but yet detailed. So it does not limit the bass, just refines the "slam" where you can actually hear details that were not preset before. I really enjoyed hearing the difference. I will say this that after 100+ hours, this could all change.

The highs have NO roll off. Exceptional details. Extended highs that UE is famous for. No fatigue....

IMO, one of the greatest improvements is the depth and blackness of each note. Everything is so separated that each instrument has no bleeding effect. Every note is pin pointed to the instrument!! I love that....

Of course this cable will be dressed up more. I like the naked look however. Ok no comments from the peanut gallery.

Craig

Sep 2, 2009 at 10:21 AM Post #4 of 51
^The SF5pro cable you sent me earlier sounded brilliant, but was way too microphonic and heavy to use everyday.

This UE11 cable looks much more interesting. Any recable jobs for an IE8 in the works?

Sep 2, 2009 at 3:01 PM Post #5 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^The SF5pro cable you sent me earlier sounded brilliant, but was way too microphonic and heavy to use everyday.

This UE11 cable looks much more interesting. Any recable jobs for an IE8 in the works?

SURE!! I can't find the pins yet, but I can certainly take a additional cable and strip it down and work it that way...

What an amazing difference with the 11pros!!

Craig

Sep 3, 2009 at 6:21 AM Post #7 of 51
Ok burn in update.

People say I get overly excited about things like since in general, when new products are introduced, I'm excited, right?

Well, this new wire with the UE product line is simply fantastic. It completely changes my opinion of the UE 11pros. The bass control is magnificent. Actually shocking. I'm now using these instead of my HD800, and Ultrasone ED9's. Its temporary since this is the new cool thing, but the improvements are well noted.

It still needs time to cook...

Thx,
Craig

Sep 24, 2009 at 8:05 AM Post #8 of 51
Some new Prototypes that might be of interests since the improvement of the stock cable is rather impressive. Terminates using the Viablue 3.5mm connector which is perfect for this application.

These are quick shots....

**THESE ARE ONLY PROTOTYPES**

Koss Ks35 TWcu.

Made from the extremely high strand count 24.5 TWcu 99.999999% UP-OCC copper cryo'd wire. The wow factor steps in here. What an improvement!! The Ks35 really responds well. Very well in fact.

3949385271_aee18c61b7.jpg

For more info on the wire, please go to:TWcu Hook Up Wire - Bulk Hook Up Wire - DIY

Koss Ks35 SCSCag

Made with 26awg SCSCag solid core UP-OCC cryo'd!!. Ultra pure with an interesting twist. This is one wire that has an unique characteristics. It blends well with the the idea that copper has a better bass response. Well try this silver and you will change your mind. Also made with the highly impressive Viablue 3.5mm connector. Definitely compliments the overall SQ.

3950163190_f0644f7cb6.jpg

Info on this wire: SCSCag Hook Up Wire - Bulk Hook Up Wire - DIY

If you are interested in any of these, please email me at csanborn@whiplashaudio.com

1 year warranty!!

Craig

Sep 25, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #10 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew.C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, Craig

just wondering if you can make one of these for my triple fis.
ksc75smile.gif

Sure can!!

My UE 10 and 11 pros sounds AMAZING!!!! They are addicting now.

Hey, I should call it audio candy!

If you are interested, email me at csanborn@whiplashaudio.com

Thanks for looking!
Craig

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #13 of 51
Ok,

After MANY headfi'ers that I fully respect their opinion told me that I NEED to recable the JH13 pro's....

Well here you go!!
May I add that I have been listening to this stuff for years and only get goose bumps a few times.

It actually happened here....

4009934141_470748caf3.jpg

Quad braid 26awg solid core SCSCag BLISS>>>>>>
4009948473_e3c0599ac6.jpg

Well....email me for pricing.
csanborn@whiplashaudio.com

This is a goose bump cable.

Really..Its something that could be really special. This includes any of the Ultimate Ears products also.

Thanks~~
Craig

Users who are viewing this thread

Back