Promising new portable headphone amp (Mobile Icon) from NuForce
Nov 6, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #16 of 486
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrScary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will buy the amp and if it sounds better than the D3 I will shoot the D3 with my AK47. hahahah

Please do a full review of it. It's either this, or the Fiio E5. I don't know whether I want super budget and tiny size, or budget and small size. It'll all depend on the sound. It'll be paired with a Sansa Clip, a Sony NWZ-S639F (when I feel financially safe enough to get it), JVC HA-RX700's, and Soundmagic PL-30's (when I decide to get them).

Nov 6, 2008 at 11:54 AM Post #17 of 486
I'll be VERY surprised if this sounds even close to the D3. But it is less than half the cost ($22 for shipping on the D3), so I guess the question really is, does it sound half as good as the D3? If it sound BETTER than half as good, then I may go with the icon mobile. But just judging by the size, looks like the icon is a good bit smaller than the D3.

Nov 6, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #19 of 486
I do plan to add the Mobile Icon to my portable USB DAC amp review sometime in the next few months. I just don't expect to get to it before I get back from Hawaii over Xmas break.

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #20 of 486
I would like to know how well will this go with the Westone 3
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 3:34 AM Post #22 of 486
Someone mentioned C-media. The ASUS Xonar U1 uses a C-Media Nitrogen D2 with LM358 opamp. The spec seems similar to the Asus. Would love to see your review. I currently run the Xonar into a C&C XO. Gives a new life to the Xonar output. If the icon combines the 2 into 1 then I'd be very interested.

Nov 23, 2008 at 3:59 AM Post #23 of 486
This looks like a pretty cool amp for laptop use. You can just toss it in your laptop bag and it doesn't take up any room.

At 99 dollars, even if it's only decent it's a great value.

Nov 23, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #24 of 486
Hi, The Icon Mobile is available.
I received today this newsletter :

"Dear NuForce customers,

We will like to introduce you to a compact, rechargeable and high performance NuForce Icon Mobile Headphone Amplifier and USB DAC. The silver color Icon Mobile is on sale (special discount of 15% for 50 units) from our online store and will be available from your distributor by end of November. Red, blue and black Icon Mobile will be available for sale by December 15.

Icon-Mobile-Silver.JPG

Please visit Nuforce, Inc

Thanks
Nuforce Sales
"

Great new.

I hope it will be as good as their amplifiers.

Luccio
L3000.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #25 of 486
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luccio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, The Icon Mobile is available.
I received today this newsletter :

"Dear NuForce customers,

We will like to introduce you to a compact, rechargeable and high performance NuForce Icon Mobile Headphone Amplifier and USB DAC. The silver color Icon Mobile is on sale (special discount of 15% for 50 units) from our online store and will be available from your distributor by end of November. Red, blue and black Icon Mobile will be available for sale by December 15.

http://www.nuforce-icon.com/gallery/...ile-Silver.JPG

Please visit Nuforce, Inc

Thanks
Nuforce Sales
"

Great new.

I hope it will be as good as their amplifiers.

Luccio
L3000.gif

Sooo... How long have you been working for Nuforce?
popcorn.gif

Nov 24, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #30 of 486
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got the same email - and I don't work for them. Good thing he posted it before me!

You don't find it a bit odd that he made an account just to say that the amp is available now?

It's not like it would be a bad thing if he worked for them. It was just the first impression I got.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back