Professional in recording industry?
Sep 29, 2007 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Cankin

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm just wondering what kind of training, formal education, degree and designation does one need to claim that he/she is "Professional"?

In accounting, CPA or CA (as well as others)are professional , in finance/banking industry, CFA or CFP; lawyers LLB and docs have MD

but what about those who work in recording studio? for one who works in recording industry doesn't always mean that he/she is Pro., right?
confused.gif

Sep 30, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #3 of 3
Some may think the "steady" paycheck isn't required.
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually, there are formal legal definitions for what constitutes a professional occupation, like lawyer, medical doctor, engineer, accountant/cpa, architects, etc. I don't have the info at the top of my head, but the legally defined professionals have specific educational and certification requirements are held legally to higher standards than us mere mortals, have legal fiducary responsibilities, and thus can be sued directly for professional malpractice specific to their profession.

As it is (currently) with software "engineering," my take is that there are no specific formal legally defined requirements for audio or sound professionals.

That said, if there are any "professional" sound engineers reading this, PLEASE TURN THE DAMN GAIN DOWN! (((thank you veddy much...)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back