Products similar to Stello DP200 and Moon i3.3?
Apr 21, 2010 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bengl3rt

New Head-Fier
Hey folks, this is my first post around here.

At the moment I am using a very old Parasound preamp along with a MOTU Traveler mk3 (part of my recording setup) as a means of digital music playback from my computer. The Parasound is in fact so old that it doesn't accept infrared or serial control, so I am thinking it's time to upgrade it. Requirements for a replacement would be serial/IR control (for better integration with modern components), a built-in DAC (so the MOTU device can live permanently in the studio where it belongs), and a switchable MM/MC phono preamp. Integrated amplified (at least 85wpc@8ohms) would be nice but is not necessary as I have an outboard amplifier (also a Parasound).

In the time I have spent Googling I have come across two worthy contenders... the discontinued Stello DP200 (which looks PERFECT), and the SimAudio Moon i3.3 which is at the very outer limit of my price range and seems to be very hard to find/purchase.

Can anyone point me towards other, similar products to the above two or offer me a lead on where I might track down a used Stello DP200? Unfortunately April Music/Stello does not manufacture anything currently that I consider a worthy successor.

Apr 22, 2010 at 5:28 AM Post #3 of 3
Well, here comes another telltale sign of my audio naivete - where can one order these things online? Crutchfield and AudioAdvisor seem to carry a very limited selection of brands, and all the "official dealers" listed by the other companies on their website don't seem to have an online store (brick and mortar locations only).

I would find it hard to believe if they didn't sell this stuff online at all, either direct from the manufacturer or some other way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back