Problems with my Grado 325is.
Jul 5, 2007 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sweetwilly

Head-Fier
So about a month ago I bought my first pair of real headphones, the Grado 325i. They opened up a whole new world to me. However, in just that month I've ran into a couple of problems. First, a week after I got them, the right phone slid off the pin it connects to and rotates on. Not too big of a problem, as it will stay on the pin when it's on my head; but if I take them off, the right cup just falls loose. Annoying, but I wasn't in a big hurry to send them back. Now just today I put them on to do some listening, and find that right driver to rattle when any low bass plays in the music. I've been running them straight out of an iPod, and can't imagine how that little device could blow out the drivers on my $300 Grados--but sure enough, it happened. Is anyone else experiencing problems like this? Grados build quality overall seems to be really poor.

Jul 5, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #2 of 6
I had the same problem with my 325i with one of the phones coming off the shaft. Ended up supergluing it back on and that fixed that problem. IMHO, the metal housings are too heavy for the shafts they are on. Haven't seen anyone else with the same problem, so maybe it's not that common. Didn't have any rattling with my pair though, but I think it may be a hair on the driver. Do a search for Grattle for more info

Jul 5, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #5 of 6
Many people have had the similar problem. Send them back to the store, or call Grado and tell them your problem.

Jul 6, 2007 at 9:21 PM Post #6 of 6
Glad this thread came up recently. Just got a 325i set a week ago and started to get a rattle in the right driver during low bass notes. Apparently I must have hairy ears too. Gently blowing in the right driver cleared up the problem.

And yeah, my right phone slid off the pin when I first got it. I was trying to adjust the headband length by pulling on the phone housing. Hadn't even listened to the cans yet and they were already falling apart! I carefully slid the phone assembly back into the pin and it hasn't happened again since.

I hope this is the only problem I have with my Grados. I like their sound and the dirt simple and durable looking design of these phones is one of the reasons I liked 'em in the first place (not that I don't take care of my stuff, its just that I'd feel better if the equipment will look like it'll hold up to a small "ooops" or two). I'd hate to think I wasted my money on shoddy workmanship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back